1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY THIS FRAME!!

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by browner1971, Jan 28, 2012.

1. browner1971

browner1971

`I'm kinda new to this, but def. hooked. I pretty much got this bike for free. I have some classic peaked fenders and wheels as well but already removed them from the bike. I could really use some help with determining what this frame is. Thanks everyone !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wildcat

Wildcat Pro Member

I believe the MO stands for Murray of Ohio.

3. browner1971

browner1971

Thanks Wildcat, I will pursue that way on my quest for knowledge !!

4. Jpromo

Jpromo

Yeah that's definitely a Murray-built frame. They supplied frames to Sears (JC Higgins) and many other manufacturers. I've never seen one with the M.O. on the fork like that. It may have actually been a Murray badged bicycle if that's the case.

Though, JC Higgins did use peaked fenders so I'd look there first. It looks about late 40s. I have a Higgins with this same frame. I have an extra correct chainring for it if you'd be interested!

5. browner1971

browner1971

After some more research, I'm fairly sure I got a Murray Mercury frame.
    I peaked fenders probably went to a JC Higgins I just sold. I got both bikes the same day so that could easily been the case.

[​IMG]