Please help ID old Jamis Earth Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought this bike a couple years ago just to ride around town when I lived in the Cocoa Beach area. Never really cared what the brand was, it was just in great shape at a great price, and the style was sharp to me. Now that the thing is rusted out (left out in the Florida rain by my now ex gf while I was deployed) I'm looking to restore it as best as I can. As I'm rather unfamiliar with bikes, I'm not sure what's original and what's aftermarket. My biggest questions are: Is the springer fork aftermarket, as in my limited searches I haven't seen any other vintage Earth Cruisers with one, and what does the serial number indicate? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

SdrnhXs.jpg

Sa2u3v2.jpg

rqNHkTS.jpg

Thanks. That's what I assumed. I enjoy the look of it, and the ride feel is fine, so I'll likely stick with it. However, if it's aftermarket, I may just buy a new one, as cleaning this up seems a bit daunting.

Woah buddy! Keen eye @ratrod.

Those are some serious wheels. If you're not into em @OuttaPlaceIowan , I suggest you find your dream wheels, and I'm sure you can price your Arayas appropriately enough to buy yourself a pretty sweet new pair...! Sell em here of course. ORBO fodder for sure.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back