PINOYKUSTOM Cycletruck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! it's been a long time since my last post here . Been very busy with office job and no time for bike building. Finally got some time to do something to lessen my work stress and i'm so glad that i was able to got this project Cycletruck. Ive been into classic bikes for almost 5yrs and this is the first time that i saw a cycletruck, i think for now that this is the only cycletruck here in Manila. I have decide to turn it into a kustomtruck coz i really dig everything kustomkulture.I hope i can finish this project soon
KustomCycletruck1.jpg

i painted the fork ,frame and rims with primer grey and put a coat of red primer coat over it.I like to do a ratrod patina look for this project. I hope i'm doing the right way ha ha ha
KustomCycletruck2.jpg
KustomCycletruck4.jpg
KustomCycletruck5.jpg
The previous owner hack out the basket mounts on the frame and since i want to do a kustom build,i decided to put the basket mounts my way...ratrod style!
KustomCycletruck3.jpg

Luckily i was able to get these tires here, 3.0's are very hard to find here
KustomCycletruck6.jpg
I painted the front rim with red primer and put a drumbrake type hub and think of putting some fake patina on it later
KustomCycletruck12.jpg
Got some more parts and fabricated a glass chainguard , use my B6 chainguard as mold
KustomCycletruck9.jpg
Then decided to do some fake patina on the frame and fork
KustomCycletruck11.jpg
KustomCycletruck10.jpg
thats it for now. I need some suggestions for the frame signboard, any volunteer?

I think for the most part Cycletrucks had a piece of 1/4 plywood or piece of sheetmetal for the sign, nothing fancy. As for the graphics on the sign, that's another story. If it were mine, it would be a store I remembered from my youth, Wally's Food Town in Sandusky, Ohio. In keeping with your patina, some old company or factory might be good, even better if you use an old logo or emblem.

BTW, if you post up the serial number, probably on the left dropout, I can date the bike for you.

Thanks for the advice Mr. Wildcat, it's a '55 CT i think which i traced from the schwinn database, sir strecht yes i'm from Manila, PHILIPPINES, I started doing custom bikes years ago here with my bomber chopper and hotrod monark. Now there are few builder's doing some bike builds here .

thats sweet! my girlfriends filipino, really dig the food! :p also pretty cool you got a cycletruck! mind sending me some detailed frame measurements? id like to make my own cycletruck. :D

Got some time to work on the the bike and here's some progress
KustomCycletruck14.jpg
KustomCycletruck15.jpg
[/IMG]Did some pinstripe on the frame and will be putting some more as the build continues
KustomCycletruck16.jpg
and here it is so far
KustomCycletruck18.jpg
KustomCycletruck19.jpg
and the donor fender
KustomCycletruck20.jpg
was cut
KustomCycletruck21.jpg

Nice fiberglass work! I did fiberglass for over 3 years, brutal material to be exposed to, but slick for repro-ing sheet metal parts.

I'm working on a 50's Spaceliner glass tank set. Fiberglass seems to be perfect for custom bike parts like chainguards and tanks.

Latest posts

Back