PINK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm gonna start off saying this build is for my girlfriend. When I first got my Schwinn Tiger she hated the idea of a cruiser. She was always a mountain bike person. :eek:

I purchased a Murray Speedflite on 5/17/14 for $10 with the intentions of building me another ride. Well when I started teardown she comes out ands says "what are you doing with that? Are you gonna build me one?" I think I made a convert. :dance2:

I have a 1960ish woman's AMF Roadmaster in the garage but she wants a men's frame. So I came to the conclusion that she would get the Speedflite. She said she likes my other frame I was saving for myself. I guess she has made the decision for me and is getting my 61-62 AMF Roadmaster. :cry:

I guess at least she is coming around to cruisers.

My Speedflite which is now completely torn down.

The Roadmaster, I tore it apart last year when I built my schwinn. Plan was to use it to build another rider out of because I LOVE the peaked fenders.

So far the parts list include:
Typical cruiser handlebars
Sweetheart sprocket
Rat trap front rack
Lay back seat post
Nice wide saddle
Schwinn Exerciser pedals (probably the ones from my schwinn until I can find another set or another parts bike)
Pink paint

Last edited:
Got the bike mocked up today. I had to spread the frame to get the rear wheel to fit but who hasn't had to so that at one time or another. Tomorrow is to tear it back apart and clean bearings and such. The original seat post was stuck in the frame and was cut off flush. That will also need to be drilled out at some point.

Still need to find:
Pedals
Sweetheart chainring
Lay back seat post
Saddle
Tires
Shifter cable

Latest posts

Back