"Pilot" Childs bike with tank and rack??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Anyone recognize this? I'm thinking CWC built but with the missing headbadge I don't know what it was sold as. Roadmaster?
DSCN4683_zpsxh7dxdsj.jpg

DSCN4684_zpsat6gblnx.jpg

DSCN4687_zpson5mry01.jpg

DSCN4685_zpsyte6yz9l.jpg

Looks like it is a convertible.. and that back tire looks pretty darn good to me. My boss actually picked it up for me at a yard sale. :happy:

That for dang sure has the mid-60's AMF chainring, but can't tell you if it was marketed as a Roadmaster model.

It's got the AMF peaked fenders too. Made in Arkansas, so not CWC, not old enough, but it is a Roadmaster bike, maybe badged as something else though. Red band Bendix coaster, and the rims match and look like the ones that came on Roadmasters, so it's mid 60's or so.

Pretty nice convertible bike. It looks all there, and in decent condition, pretty good for a kid's bike. Especially a boy's bike (in that config), mine would have been worn out and wrecked back in the 60's.

Probably badged Firestone, they definitely made a few for them in the mid-late 60s. AMF did have a Roadmaster model called Jet Pilot also. -Adam

If it is in good shape, that rear Tractor Grip RWL tire is worth more than the rest of the bike. If it were me I would swap it out.

Latest posts

Back