Picked these up...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My son and I picked these up this past week...Cleaned them up a bit for a ride tomorrow. I will post builds for each once we actually dig into them. The 26" is a Coast King El Camino...the muscle is a Hiawatha. Don't know much about it.
Ratbikes006_zps020cccf6.jpg

Ratbikes004_zps1d376e22.jpg

Ratbikes002_zps5548c0e5.jpg

Ratbikes003_zpsc845be77.jpg

Nice finds. I think I have the same Hiawatha muscle bike frame in a boys version out there somewhere. You could swap all the parts over from the girls. I'll see if I can find it an post a photo.

ChicagoMuscle Guy said:
Nice bikes, looks like you did well. Really like the Hiawatha Muscle bike. Both look to be in decent shape.

They really are...the Coast King has the wrong chaingaurd but a member here has the correct one for me. I just need to get off my butt and send him some money.

Crassly said:
Nice finds. I think I have the same Hiawatha muscle bike frame in a boys version out there somewhere. You could swap all the parts over from the girls. I'll see if I can find it an post a photo.

That would be awesome! It was kind of the plan from the begining. He wanted me to pick it up anyway so he would have a vintage bike for the ride today. It has been in a barn for god knows how long and the chrome all polished up real nice. And he did it himself. :D

CCR said:
I love the Hiawatha, nanner seat looks too cool to pass it up. Is that a roadrunner decal on the chainguard ?

It is!!! Probably the coolest part on the bike. Hahaha. My son named the bike Meep, Meep.

Nice finds! Speaking of girls muscle bikes, I was at an RRB member's how rumaging through parts today. I'm going to build a girls 5-speed with a stick shift. Like a girls Fastback. It's going to be fun. And I have plenty of time since my daughter is only 4. :lol:

Hope you find a boys frame! I've got an AMF Renegade frame that needs to be taken down to the metal and redone, in case you are searching for a boys frame.

Latest posts

Back