1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket

Discussion in 'FORUM TALK' started by David Cooksey, Jun 30, 2017.

1. The Black Monark

The Black Monark

Most ISP's include some amount of webspace with subscription. Lots of people have been fooling with photobucket and similar for years w/o need.

2. Raoul Dude

Raoul Dude

Back when we signed up in 2013, the only options here to post pictures were "pay RRB for the privilege" or "post them free through a third party hosting site." From 2015:

(Thanks, Internet Wayback Machine! https://web.archive.org/web/2014010...m/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.80238/ )

When I first signed up, I wasn't sure how long I'd end up hanging around here, and I was too cheap to pay $20 a year for membership -- so now I'm forced to "pay" in other ways, like going back and uploading pictures to 100 or so posts! :doh:

3. The Black Monark

The Black Monark

Yeah, I see the misconception there. "Third party" can be your own webspace as well, which is what I used before RRB started hosting their own pics. I've never used photobucket or anything like it, never liked the ads and lack of control.