1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Photobucket

Discussion in 'FORUM TALK' started by David Cooksey, Jun 30, 2017.

1. David Cooksey

David Cooksey

I use photobucket to host my photos. It seems that as of today I can no longer do this unless i pay $60 per year.

So all the photos on all the forums I use have gone. :(

I have several long build threads on various car forums. I can't face re-hosting all the archive pictures, it would take days! So that resource has been lost now.

:( :(

2. auditech10

auditech10 Pro Member

I feel your pain, same thing happened to me. However, unless I am confusing nomenclature in the "terms of service" on Photobucket, you have to have the Plus500 membership for $399 a year for 3rd party image hosting.

Joe Conde and Rat Rod like this.
  3. David Cooksey

David Cooksey

You're right! :(

4. KOTA

KOTA

It's like I've been wiped from the internet. EVERY photo I've ever posted is now blocked. The majority of them are (were) on this site. It's Photobucket's right to do this, I guess. I'm not angry, just highly disappointed.

Well, it looks like this is the only BO I've entered, that there will pics available......Maybe I should do a new "INTRO".

I'm "old", I was hoping to leave a legacy behind..... I'm going to have to tell my kids that my obit should read: "Please...Make a donation to Photobucket" :shake:

RustyGold and Joe Conde like this.
  5. scrumblero

scrumblero

Is this what's going on? I'm on a free account, are all my pics gonna turn into speedo's, or is it just if you hit the max data limit?

6. KOTA

KOTA

I've used 0.5 GB of the 2.0 GB or 28.39%. I guess I would have to pay the $399 to have image sharing to a third site. The albums are still there. If I post a "DIRECT" link it will take you to the image.
    http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff182/KOTA777/004-12.jpg

@auditech10, if you go back to your thread and post the "DIRECT" links, people can still see your photos....It's better than nothing.

OneHorsePower likes this.
  7. us56456712

us56456712

Lake Superior Shore, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
    I quit using Photobucket about 7 months ago as it had gotten so slow and kept jamming up. It used to be fast and the editing worked. I found it just could no longer do the job so I put photos on my desktop or into a folder and use the download a photo from rat rod bikes.

8. scrumblero

scrumblero

I have always used direct links.. i guess thats why mine are still up?..

9. deorman

deorman

If I try to go to my previously "free" account, all I can get is broken links, price listings, and 6 pages of complaints from people who actually paid for service and got shafted.
    If I go to my pictures posted via Photobucket hosting on RRB, they come up and can be saved to my computer.
    Since RRB now allows direct posting, I already quit dealing with the bucket a while ago.

10. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

Here is a test using your direct link from the PIC toolbar here on RRB

[​IMG]

11. Pushie Pirate

Pushie Pirate

Wow, I am gutted by this, as with many I would imagine, I have
    a few long build threads on this and other forums, all gone! Not
    to mention the work taken to download all the pic's, where I live,
    an isolated part of our planet, we have limited internet, both the
    speed and cost for service, all they work gone!

Thanks PB wonderful stuff!

12. Jaxon

Jaxon

You can pick up a book 100 years old and it still works. Once the world has all the info on computers it will only be one click to set us back hundreds of years...lol

13. David Cooksey

David Cooksey

True.
    I can look at photos of my grandparents, turn them over in my hand to read the inscription on the back. It makes me feel a small connection to them.
    Digital photos on the other hand......as you say, one click and they have gone.
    I think I'm going to start printing my favourites, just in case! :)

KOTA and Dr. Tankenstein like this.
  14. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Head Honcho Moderator

15. CeeBee

CeeBee

Sounds like Photobucket is now run by that guy who raised the price of lifesaving Epi-pens to $800 per use.

16. KOTA

KOTA

At first I thought it was insanity, on their part. I posted on another thread, that after consideration ,I don't think they'll be backtracking. There are well over 100,000,000+ PB users. If 99% decided to leave, that would still be over 1,000,000 (1%) left paying $399. That's $390,000,000 annually, plus the other services they sell. Insanity, no. Business, yes.....I think 1% is a LOW estimate.
    It's my opinion that this is the beginning of the end, for FREE image hosting...anywhere.

OH! I won't be one of the 1%...I downloaded my pics that were important to me, individually, took some time. I then deleted ALL of them, and deleted my account.

I am disappointed with PB. But it's a business. I got ten years of free service from them. I'm also disappointed with myself for "depending" on a FREE service, for something that was so important to me.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  17. OneHorsePower

OneHorsePower

i kept folders of all my pics (90% of them) on my pc and usb keys , so they can go jump , i wont pay ether.

i cant upload dirrectly to the forum tho , is that a premium member feature ? , i use Facebook as image hosting site now , since i document there too , but i bet they'll eventually do the same gimmic

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017
  18. ZygoteLittle

ZygoteLittle

19. deorman

deorman

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.80241/

OneHorsePower and KOTA like this.
  20. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Head Honcho Moderator