Phillips - Ladies Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

new project. I'm building this bike for my girlfriend, to replace her "HoodRide" bike whit something more pretty.
I started from this british Phillips which I got from MrVelo.

phillips.jpg

Only whish was that bike will be black whit white tyres. New tires are those 40's balloon copies in White.
On front I want to add old wooden beercase to transport shoping bags etc.

kori.jpg

Because new tyres are smaller diameter than old ones (28" to 26") and wider. I needed to widen frame and forks.
Here is frame when it still was original:

runko.jpg

Because of 28" wheels frame was quite long, so I shortened it about 2". Because of that chain guard was too long also,
so some cutting and welding there too. Front fork I shortenned about 1" and widen same 1". I dont like those 3piece
cracks, so I cut original BB off and replace it whit one Finnish bike part. Whit that I could use one piece crank.

-Olli

I show bike for my girlfriend and she didnt like that massive chain guard..
Now, because I get change to show chainline and sprockets I dig out from my boxes
some nice 30's stuff. Front sprocket is from "finnish" SOK bike and rear hub NOVO from Sweden.
Chains are those long 5/8" which were popular in 30's. New chain guard will be something really simple.

ketjulinja.jpg

-Olli

that frame is awsome, like what ya did to the whole bike. great work as always

Outlaw 8)

Nicely done.Alot of great touches.I love the kickstand and light placement.Are you putting the front brake back on? It would be cool to hook that cool lever to something trick (i.e. awooga horn)

Love the overall look of her, specially the beercase and where you mounted the headlight. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back