Phat Stormtrooper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that paint job, makes the bike really. Great job bet there was a decent amount of time in this one for sure.

Absolutely Fantastic.

So good to see this happening 1/2 a world away. Stunning! :shock:

Thank you, guys!
Your opinion is important for me!

Now I want to tell about one detail of this bike - the fork.
l took standart fork in our shop and made new cross-arms to make it wider - from 90 mm to 130 mm between "legs".
When I was lookin for the form for cross-arms, I saw this poster:
124474683.jpg

I thought -wow! that is what I need!

So than was draft:
121404138.jpg

Than first edition in steel:
121712396.jpg

And after that in aluminium.

So now the fork is like this:
124473684.jpg

124474885.jpg

It's not final yet, today i'll change plugs from plastic to aluminium and change the lower plug from black to white) New photos coming soon)

You really need to send your photos into the Star Wars site...I bet it gets featured there and in their magazines.

I love theme bikes, but I've never been able to commit to one so fully. It seems like you used diagrams from actual star wars vehicle models. It is definite that some aspect or nuance of star wars exists in every part or piece used in this build. I especially like those curved fender brackets. Also, the brake cables originally gave the look of neon and I thought complimented the bike. But white looks good to. Congrats on a top notch build

WOW! Nothing short of AWESOME! Absolutely love your attention to detail!
Congratulations.
Bart
:mrgreen:

Wow, I love star wars as much as the next guy but man! You did an amazing job building this bike. It looks like it started out as a phat stretch, or Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy. I think the fenders really make this bike. Can you post some more pictures of other bikes you have built. Definitly inspiring me to finish my bike for the build off!

cademartori2008 said:
Wow, I love star wars as much as the next guy but man! You did an amazing job building this bike. It looks like it started out as a phat stretch, or Kustom Kruiser Slick Daddy. I think the fenders really make this bike. Can you post some more pictures of other bikes you have built. Definitly inspiring me to finish my bike for the build off!

The previous one was Felt Ghost Rider, I finished it 2 years ago.
Now I remember that bike and think - HA! It was so easy... ))

3414377794_ff62186980_o.jpg

3413571385_c788fac304_o.jpg

3413571465_e62b7c92d4_o.jpg

3413572393_7283dc2031_o.jpg

3414382458_b8956f0e3c_o.jpg

ozzmonaut said:
I love theme bikes, but I've never been able to commit to one so fully. It seems like you used diagrams from actual star wars vehicle models. It is definite that some aspect or nuance of star wars exists in every part or piece used in this build. I especially like those curved fender brackets. Also, the brake cables originally gave the look of neon and I thought complimented the bike. But white looks good to. Congrats on a top notch build

Thanks a lot! Your words makes me work harder&better :)

Today was not much time for Stormtrooper, so I only finished fork -

124537511.jpg

- 2 black plugs were changed from plastic to aluminium and 1 plug from black to white.

And got some lights.

In front
124537046.jpg

And behind.
124537353.jpg

Main flashlight was decorated with vinyl

124541433.jpg

That all for today. Hope, that I'll finish in few days :)

Latest posts

Back