Peugeot Pipeline 1 Cruiser - Seat post?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All, I picked up this bike a few months ago and have been sitting on it. I bought it with a bum seat post jammed in there with duct tape. Looks like the tube is still fine, but I am having trouble identifying the correct seat post size I need. Anyone have recommendations for figuring out the correct size?
Already stopped by a local bike shop but they were less than helpful stating that the tube looks damaged and it isn't worth fixing it. They thought it was a 25.4 so I ordered one online but it was way to big to fit.

Planning on turning this one into a 26 BMX cruiser and am open to recommendations for colors and parts!

img_7576.jpg

Well... your lbs sounds like it sucks :grin:.

If the top of the seat tube is too distorted to get a measurement from with a set of calipers (vernier/dial/digital)...then you will need to find a machinist buddy who can measure it...or, pick up some cheap telescoping gages or inside calipers (joint/spring) to do a transfer measurement.

Doing some quick searching around it seems like 24.8 is a rare size.
Does anyone know where I could find one? or has anyone had luck buying a 25.0 and sanding it down?

Sucks, I’m remembering now that I too was looking for another post online as I had never seen a 24.8 before. In the end I narrowed it down to 2 options, find tanother Peugeot and yank that post or have a machine shop make me a nice aluminum one.

I went with getting another looptail Peugeot in blue or red, I’ve been looking since!

Good luck dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might have already solved this

But, once you have the old post out, an option is to take the frame to a local bicycle co-op and sit by the seat post bucket trying every post until one fits.

I've done this to find a stem that fits a Peugeot.

Latest posts

Back