1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Pee Wee X1 Part II

Discussion in 'THE OTHER BIKES' started by MattBiker, Apr 20, 2012.

1. MattBiker

MattBiker

Well it's time for a new project. I sold my original Pee Wee Bicycle and I miss it. What I didn't like about it was - it was very heavy, and I had no way to haul it. I worried about it getting knocked over too. I have come up with a new idea and I am excited about it!

What if Pee Wee joined up with a modern bicycle manufacturer? They could make an XI edition. That's what I'm going to build. I just bought a new cruiser from ebay. I found one that is all red and the seller claims it has removeable decals. Technically it is a girls bike, but that doesn't bother me, because a lot of bikes now have step-through frames. I was lucky to find a bike with a wide "tank".

I want a bike I can ride down the street, not have a huge amount of money in it, and light enough to put on the back of my car.

[​IMG]

I'll post more photos and mods as I progress.

2. Dr. Tankenstein

Dr. Tankenstein

It'll be cool to see what you do with this modern 'tank' bike.

Build on,brutha!

Cheers,
    Dr. T

3. MattBiker

MattBiker

My new bicycle arrived! Very happy with it, no damage and the paint is super. It is Pee Wee Herman (Ferrari) Red. I have already removed the decals from one side of the tank and from the chain guard. I added the signature arrow to the chainguard. Made it out of white vinyl tape from the hardware store. I picked up a tiger head squeeze horn online. Pretty cool for around $7 plus shipping. I should have named this project "Pee Wee's Bike on a Budget".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I found some red and white tassles. I believe I am going to create a white insert for the tank out of white sign vinyl.

We'll see how it goes.

4. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

This is gonna be cool 8) I'll be watching :wink:

5. MattBiker

MattBiker

After a long break from building this bike, I am back to it.
    I found some saddle bags on ebay that will work. They will look even better when I put some white vinyl on them. I only hope the red matches my frame.
    I also found a saddle bag lid which I will use for the top compartment. I will put some plywood inside to sturdy it up and to attach the side bag braces to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. MattBiker

MattBiker

I did a lot of work on the bike this weekend.

I started to place white pinstripes on the fenders. I had a sign shop make me some 1/4 inch ones out of vinyl. I have to get some more made, I wasted some getting the hang of it.

I designed and printed out some front wheel swirlies on photo paper. I bought a roll of clear and a roll of white contact shelf paper. I used the clear on the front side and the white on the back and carefully cut the circles out. They are pretty tough now and waterproof.

I am really excited about the white tank decals. :lol: I cut blue painters tape into strips and used these to outline the shape on the tank. Then I filled in the inside with more painters tape. Once the shape was good I pealed it off and laid it down on my white shelf paper. This gave me a real nice guide to cut around with scissors. The vinyl shelf paper was very forgiving when I laid it on the bike. I was able to reposition it a couple times. I found some chrome and "Carbon Fibre" oval accents at my local car parts place. They remind me of old Buick fender portholes. I stuck them on each side.

I will post more photos soon.

7. MattBiker

MattBiker

8. abe lugo

abe lugo

Looks like your project is coming along, changing the gearing in the rear sprocket helps with the weight too.

Someone a custom built at Palm Cycle with those same bags
    http://palmscycle.blogspot.com/2013/08/ ... -bike.html

I made my bags work , yeah its heavy, i eventually will add a real 3 speed in the rear.
    Here is a pic of my bike with the dottie bike, this was at the LBC bike fest this year.
    I ride this bike a few times a year, i did ride to work day and rode 30 miles round trip.
    http://uncouthreflections.wordpress.com ... l/pee-wee/

9. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Nice work on those swirlies!

Luke.

10. MattBiker

MattBiker

Thanks Luke!

Abe your Pee Wee Bike is perfect! I am really impressed with the shape of your saddlebags. Definitely a lot of work there. I think it would be a blast to ride one down to the local supermarket and chain it up.

11. MattBiker

MattBiker

Been working more on the bicycle. I painted the saddlebags. Going to have to do some sanding and respraying. I managed to pick up a dashboard compass, and Elgin fender skirts on ebay.

I haven't been happy with my tiger horn. So I started looking for a replica "Tiger Mask" siren (or a real one). They are still extremely rare and expensive. Saw one for $400. I started looking on ebay for a tiger that looks like the real thing.

I found the coolest thing. It's an old circus toy. I am going to join it with a common speaker siren. Haven't decided if I will repaint the head. Have to wait to see what it looks like. Got it for under $10 which beats $400.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

patman73 likes this.
  12. LukeTheJoker

LukeTheJoker Moderator

Nice work!

Luke.

13. MattBiker

MattBiker

I have been working on other projects - but have started back into this one. I swapped out the black cables for red ones and managed to find a real pee wee tiger for the front of it. My side saddle bags are done. I hope to post pictures this week.

patman73 likes this.
  14. Dale Alan

Dale Alan

Very nice,I will be following this build. I like the way it is heading.