Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stumbled across this, loved the movie, love your bike. Nice job!

Great build ,I love the attention you spent on the details,Great job!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

zombie post!
Recently purchased this DX. Noticed the REALLY weird chain guard, and all the weird mounting parts on the frame. Was this just a very well done x-1 repro? was the chainguard ever made available to the public? T

Attachments

• IMG_7419.JPG
    IMG_7419.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 379
You have a very interesting bike there. Custom chainguard. Any signs of chainguard being handmade? There were a number of bicycles used for the movie. Could be worth $. Send me a PM, I can direct you to people that know more than me.

hey matt!

I asked a few guys who have built them but cant get any solid answers. Chain guard is really well made (talked to someone who makes reproductions now). Trying to figure out why theres so many extra peices welded to this. Also, schwinn gooseneck has an allen bolt drilled directly into the top (where i would assume tiger speaker would go?), and theres really messed up white tape where the x1 has pin stripes!

You have a very interesting bike there. Custom chainguard. Any signs of chainguard being handmade? There were a number of bicycles used for the movie. Could be worth $. Send me a PM, I can direct you to people that know more than me.

hey matt!

I asked a few guys who have built them but cant get any solid answers. Chain guard is really well made (talked to someone who makes reproductions now). Trying to figure out why theres so many extra peices welded to this. Also, schwinn gooseneck has an allen bolt drilled directly into the top (where i would assume tiger speaker would go?), and theres really messed up white tape where the x1 has pin stripes!
Is it possible you found a stunt bike? I know in movies with cars they have stunt cars which are made to look like the hero car, yet up close aren't the real deal. I do remember seeing that movie and there were a few scenes were throwing the hero bike around would not be suitable.

Latest posts

Back