pedal scraper for the boy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, we finally came up with the color for the wheels!
It's a lame excuse for a spray out since I didn't want to clean my gun again to do 7mid-coats of candy, but you can get the idea from the picture(just look at the darkest spot) anyhow.
IMG_0453.jpg

I guess it'll be a "rat rod" since it's a black suede frame with red wheels(well...brandy wine candy over ppg sequin flake) and whitewalls! :lol:

just for those who think im sleeping(i know no one cares about what im doing really but......) the boy talked me into doing a real test panel so we could decide what size/color flake we should use so i did a real test panel when i had a few spare moments(dang flake,clear,sand,flake,clear,sand, then candy,candy candy,etc,etc,etc, can take some time!) but heres a teaser on what the wheels will look like when theyre done.....
100_3973.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

bet you cant guess what flake size/color and how many coats of candy he decided on :p

yeah were bringing gaudy back for 2012! party like its 1969! :mrgreen:

.... dude thought this had been scraped! Haha
Glad it hasn't :) paint looks good :p

these are pretty old but i havent gotten to painting it yet so its all you get until its finished(the welds are all metal finished now but they werent when i was mocking up back then).......
IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

oh ill try to get around to posting the pedals im using for this.....Steves gonna look like this
duhhh.gif

when he sees what they are!
SSSssSSsSSCCCCCccCcRRRRRAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapEeeeeEEeeEee! :mrgreen:

No kiddin chimi, I must of been sleepin too because the last thing i remember is the wheel getting built ... just plain awesome stuff sensor !!!Glad the boy is getting to call the shots too !!! Not many kids could be able to say "I built this with my dad ... from scratch" to his buddies !!! Looks well worth the effort :D

i may actually get some paint on this thing soon(well...at least the wheels...the frame will wait until i finish the other frame im building) :shock:
IMG_0067.jpg

all better(its getting some color as well and i didnt want the yellow lacquer wrinkling on me when it got painted)!
IMG_0069.jpg

even the rim is ready(since i laced/trued/dished it while in primer since it was the first wheel i had ever rolled and if it wouldnt work i was going to waste flake/candy on it)....
IMG_0066.jpg

i may actually have this done before summer :lol:

I'm in awe of your in-house talent. Who makes their own wheels? Seriously.
I built a birdhouse once with my dad....

Latest posts

Back