PAY IT BACK new pics 8/09 ITS DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to do something different this time around this is time. basicly this bike once built will be given back to the previous owner. he was a nice kid and he loved this bike. always had issues with it then one day some thugs decided to steam it. when they could not get the lock undone they kicked his wheels in and his new freshly installed chrome fenders. his mother came in and bought him a new cruiser then donated his old bike because it was going to cost too much to repair. well like i said once this bike is done win or loose i am giving it back to him so that explains the name "pay it back." i will post pics of the bike (what is left of it) but basicly it is your run of the mill early 80's schwinn cruiser frame.

Re: PAY IT BACK

".... once this bike is done win or loose i am giving it back to him ..."

Hey! What are ya tryin' to get some smypathy votes before the BO even begins??

Seriously, that _IS_ one heckava nice thing to do.

Me? If and when i get my build done, i think you'd have to pry it from my cold dead hands to get it from me.

Spin

nope not at all buddy just dont have a lot of frames right now (that would not have to be welded on to be useable) and i have been meanning to do this bike so what better excuse? heck me might hate it lol :oops:

good karma!!!!!!! what goes around comes around.... BIGprops to ya.

take a camera with you when you give it back so we can see the look on his face...

thought about naming it karma but i thought that was a little chick sounding. cant wait to get home and rip into her

karfer67 said:
I decided to do something different this time around this is time. basicly this bike once built will be given back to the previous owner. he was a nice kid and he loved this bike. always had issues with it then one day some thugs decided to steam it. when they could not get the lock undone they kicked his wheels in and his new freshly installed chrome fenders. his mother came in and bought him a new cruiser then donated his old bike because it was going to cost too much to repair. well like i said once this bike is done win or loose i am giving it back to him so that explains the name "pay it back." i will post pics of the bike (what is left of it) but basicly it is your run of the mill early 80's schwinn cruiser frame.
ohhhhhhhhhhhh........ i know what one thisll be! red frame right?

payitback001.jpg

payitback002.jpg

payitback003.jpg

yep sensor your right on she is rough but the frame will make a good base. more pics comming

now begins the fun. decided to start by removing the paint and see where i am at with that. however i already basicly have the color chosen that would be raw metal. why i chose a schwinn frame to do this to i won't understand sanding in the tight crevices is really a ummmm well difficult.

payitback004.jpg

payitback006.jpg

payitback008.jpg

fold your paper over twice and shove it in(takes a long time and youll have to change the paper alot but it will get about 98% of the paint off even in the tight spots the really hard spot is the kickstand bracket)
or option #2 harbor freight spot blaster with baking soda(huge mess and wear a respirator!
and wait to see this one together!

i wanted to dive into the sanding and polishing of the frame cause i think between that and the fork will take the longest.

ok this was the end of last night about 2 am after well a few and decided to start tossing some parts around. i like the rear light there but i dont really like the fork thought it would work out better.

payitback009.jpg

payitback011.jpg

payitback012.jpg

ah yes stella is the best but it really depends if i want quanity or quality. i love papst too

That is a cool looking fork is that the threadless kind that can just get cut down?

Also what is the brake fluid there for?

Quality over quantity because quantity will give you a headake.HEHEHE :mrgreen:

Fight the good fight man thats cool what you are doing. 8)

Latest posts

Back