RRBBO13 Pastiche (Painted, Sneak Peek)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut apart two stems for the quill part, neither of them worked. I ended up having to turn the quill part of the stem down from 22.2mm to 21.1 mm. Hopefully I can find time to weld the bars and get them finished up tomorrow.
IRaIaza.jpg

I have moped bars like that... I used on a cycletruck.
They are a dime a dozen here... But those look really cool on this build.

I really like those bars

The fork is painted. Unfortunately I just realized someone else in the build off has the same paint scheme. Do I keep it, or do I start over?

Is it the same style of build? I can't recall the other one. Paint is only one aspect of a build. Style, parts selection, accessories, stance, all contribute to making it your own unique build.

Personally, I like the light or sky blue color. Always a favorite!:thumbsup:

Is this bad boy a rider yet?

I finished the pinstriping on the frame friday so it should be ready to start going back together tomorrow. I've got a head badge on the way so I'll need to wait for that to drill out the badge holes before I can assemble the headset. I'll finish the bike for sure, I'm just not totally sold on the look so far.

It took a bit of hunting to find a suitable head-badge. I didn't want a common brand badge since this bike isn't intended to be a replica or imitation of a specific bike, I wanted something a bit obscure. This one matches the paint scheme perfectly.
RcLRlZ6.jpg

I drilled and tapped the head tube for 10-32 round head brass screws. This is the first time this badge has been mounted on a bike.
VsVlGHt.jpg

I also finished painting the guard and started test fitting it.
CiNiB2C.jpg

Latest posts

Back