parts bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went and picked up some newer bikes today to fix and flip.
heres how the conversation went

Woman: here let me move this trash bike out of your way so you can get to the other bikes
Me: trash bike? (it was dark out) whats wrong with it that its a trash bike?
Woman: the front forks crushed
Me: Ill still take it
Woman: it aint worth anything
Me: you would be surprised what is useable on a bike like that
Woman: ok
Heres the thing it was a girls 10 speed and I had no clue what Id use the parts for but I took it for parts anyways I figured nothing else the pedals, cables and bearings was good if nothing else.
So I threw them in my truck and when I got home I unloaded my finds from the trip and I thought what can I save off this piece of crap then I realized it had one part id been waiting to find to complete my Huffy Scout 10 speed I picked up a few weeks ago.

And........

The part you needed was.......

The completed bike looks like......

.......impatiently waiting....... :)

It was just a shift lever, theres a pick of the bike here, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=52764 it was only missing the shift levers and front derailer which all are coming off another huffy from the same era, but the levers I was going to use one was broke so I was so happy to find another that was a perfect match. My whole thing behind the post was that people think that something thats damaged is noy anything and if I thought the same way I would have never found the part Id been looking for

I see that alot around here, alot of the bikes I pick up to flip are from the scraper and usually just need a brake cable or a new tube its amazing what people throw out because they think its no good anymore. Some of the bikes that need a fair amount of work or arent worth anything ill strip down for parts

Latest posts

Back