1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

parts bikes

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by dragnusa, Mar 2, 2012.

1. dragnusa

dragnusa

Went and picked up some newer bikes today to fix and flip.
    heres how the conversation went

Woman: here let me move this trash bike out of your way so you can get to the other bikes
    Me: trash bike? (it was dark out) whats wrong with it that its a trash bike?
    Woman: the front forks crushed
    Me: Ill still take it
    Woman: it aint worth anything
    Me: you would be surprised what is useable on a bike like that
    Woman: ok
    Heres the thing it was a girls 10 speed and I had no clue what Id use the parts for but I took it for parts anyways I figured nothing else the pedals, cables and bearings was good if nothing else.
    So I threw them in my truck and when I got home I unloaded my finds from the trip and I thought what can I save off this piece of crap then I realized it had one part id been waiting to find to complete my Huffy Scout 10 speed I picked up a few weeks ago.

2. brett4christ

brett4christ

And........

The part you needed was.......

The completed bike looks like......

.......impatiently waiting....... :)

3. dragnusa

dragnusa

It was just a shift lever, theres a pick of the bike here, viewtopic.php?f=16&t=52764 it was only missing the shift levers and front derailer which all are coming off another huffy from the same era, but the levers I was going to use one was broke so I was so happy to find another that was a perfect match. My whole thing behind the post was that people think that something thats damaged is noy anything and if I thought the same way I would have never found the part Id been looking for

4. gcrank1

gcrank1

God works in mysterious ways :wink: .

5. Tychevelle

Tychevelle

I see that alot around here, alot of the bikes I pick up to flip are from the scraper and usually just need a brake cable or a new tube its amazing what people throw out because they think its no good anymore. Some of the bikes that need a fair amount of work or arent worth anything ill strip down for parts