@@ Paint it Black @@ June 7 See Daylight for the 1st time @@

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ FORKIN' UPDATE

Hey Joe! This is driving me nuts! I'm amazed that someone actually tore their wheels apart and polished every single spoke & nipple - WOW! Now the nuts part - PLEASE derust the brake arm around the strap hole! It's the only thing left from being pure prefection! Fantastic job! Robert

Looking good Joe. I was expecting to see those blackout hubs laced into the wheels.

Thanks for all the kind words. I have to get my building done late at night or early in the morning cause I am gone every weekend. One more pic as I put the fork in the frame to see how it would look.

Forky3.jpg

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ FORKIN' UPDATE #2

That is forkin' amazing.

So far there is a Skynyrd bike, a Grand Funk bike, and now a Stones bike.

Don't worry Robert - It will all get another polish and detail when I get it all together. Some of that is the red grease that likes to ooze from the races/some is lack of my attention to getting it clean the first time, LOL

Road Master said:
Hey Joe! This is driving me nuts! I'm amazed that someone actually tore their wheels apart and polished every single spoke & nipple - WOW! Now the nuts part - PLEASE derust the brake arm around the strap hole! It's the only thing left from being pure prefection! Fantastic job! Robert

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ May 7 Update - BB

Got the BB Blackout cups cleaned and installed, but it was a long weekend and I lost steam. Have to wait for more progress pics.

BBO7BB1.jpg

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ May 10 Update Frame 'n' C/R

Fianlly finished buffing out the frame so I can now post a full pic of it. Lots of color sanding and buffing by finger! For a $10 spray bomb it is miles deep and all black! CWC W/F Chain ring now adorns the build.

Thanks, Joe

Frame1.jpg

Frame2.jpg

joe, you know the old saying about great minds thinking alike! :lol:
DSCN3720.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Lookin' good,man :!: Great job on the paint :!:

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ May 18 Update Fenders

All i got done this week was the Fenders. Lots of sanding and block and dolly to get out the dents. Did the best i could and then got the extra holes filled. Lots of Gloss black on the outside and Gloss red on the inside. Will need to setup for a day before I sand and buff.

PIBFenders1.jpg

PIBFenders2.jpg

PIBFenders3.jpg

Awesome work Joe...very classy! 8)

I'm jealous of that Hot Wheels case the fenders are on! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Love the fender paint scheme.

Latest posts

Back