@@ Paint it Black @@ June 7 See Daylight for the 1st time @@

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This started out as my K-4 build but quickly got put on hold. At Monson this year I found a great war time donor bike that will be donating her parts to this build. The frame was purchased from Jerry Peters of Chestnut Hollow fame. I needed to get a few spots fixed as it had multiple cracks in the frame, but nothing a little brass brazing couldn't fix.

Mock21.jpg

K4Mock3.jpg

K4Mock4.jpg

Mock22.jpg

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@

Looking forward to see what you come up with Joe :mrgreen: I get the "Painted Black" :wink:

I wondered what happened with this bike.Still can't wait to see it finished.Fully subscribed!

Wheels - now in black!The original steel clad 26" Elgin Blackhawk wheels I got from Ed (ZEDSN). Each original spoke and nipple was sanded smooth and polished and then I laced them up myself. First time building a wheel! I even trued them to close and then had a buddy use a spoke tensioner so I did not pancake the wheel for final truing.

35MCwheels1.jpg

35MCwheels2.jpg

35MCwheels3.jpg

35MCwheels4.jpg

your parts stash truly amazes me,joe! :mrgreen: im glad i backed off on the evansaction fork,cause it flows way better on your frame. good luck to ya.

This is the EvansAction Fork shroud. Wet sanded with 100, 600, 1500 and then polished. About three hours for just this one piece, but cheaper than getting it plated. Spent $4 on Mag and aluminum polish.

Fork1a.jpg

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ May 2 UPDATE

definitely got a lot of elbow grease into this one. sanding and polishing every spoke :shock:

All the work that goes into these builds make them that much sweeter at the end. Niice so far. :p

looking good Joe.

Pics of any of your bikes don't do them justice! I know from seeing them up close....This will be the BEST riding bike of the build off. There is nothing "low quality" in any of your builds. Your bikes are made to look COOL and ridden HARD.....Good luck, Joe.

Beautiful wheelset! :D Definetly a lot of time in this build so far :wink:

Here is a sneak peak at the head tube. So far so good! Amazing Rustoleum paint I tried. Primer dries in 20 minutes, so I shot the black, dried in about an hour! Stuff is AMZING! So I put the head badge on and the "war time" Black out cups on. More as I get things mounted.

headtube1.jpg

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ May 3 UPDATE

Diggin' it :!: This may be the one to keep up with 8) 8) Keep up the great work.That wheel/tire combo is killer :shock:

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ FORKIN' UPDATE

The fork is finished. Polished the fork legs as well! I have no fingerprints left but I thought a completely polished fork would look better than just the shroud. Let me know what you think.

Joe

Forky1.jpg

Forky2.jpg

Re: @@ Paint it Black @@ FORKIN' UPDATE

Peatbog said:
yeshoney said:
Let me know what you think.

I think I have bike envy, that is what I think!

I think I need clean underwear... :shock:

Latest posts

Back