P40- SHE'S AWOL!!! Now Showing X-52.5 aka Plan B

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it with the apes too, loving the seat position! :thumbsup:

Luke.

I just feel that my eye goes directly to the bars when I look at it. The overall bike gets secondary attention, I'll find an alternative that will hopefully hit the sweet spot!

I want those rocket grips!!! :inlove:

I was trying to push Ian to tool up for them @ifitsfreeitsforme . I think he is hesitant to spend the money it would require to start producing them. IF someone has the ability to make a mold and produce a quality product like he does, I would be willing to sacrifice these for the cause. These in a metalflake would be AWESOME SIC!!!! :cool2: :cool2:

Yes indeed - would cost about $9k for a two-up mold. One wouldn't get the return on that for years. I wish I could do it.

Maybe someone can make a decent silicone flash mold from yours? Not sure how many the mold would yield before it wears out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just getting caught up here, heck of a second wind. It's looking good. Crazy what can be put together with "spare parts." :cool2:

I bent and welded my seat post after work today.
IMG_2112.JPG

So, I grabbed a set of muscle bike bars, then added 8" of pull back, and welded them up. I used chrome paint from the weld so that they match up, but I didn't worry about any filling or smoothing to make the joint disappear completely.

IMG_2114.JPG

To me, this set of bars and the deco stem bring the focus back to the bike, without taking any wow factor away from the stance!!

Well, here it is, as it will be when we go to the show June 3-4. I'm sure that I will make some more changes before the build off ends. I do want to play around with cutting a seat pan out of a skateboard, but that is for another day.

IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

Ditto ^ ! Your eye caught the distraction of the tall apes, and your extensions : down and back, brought our eyes back to the bike. Well done!

I might of made the extensions a little longer than they really need to be. If your focus is on the bike they seem to look fine, but if you move your focus to the bars there is quite a bit of length there. Thanks for your input guys, the RRB family is first class!

:41: Looks spot on now!

Luke.
Thanks Luke, I pretty happy with it now! Since I can haul three bikes on my trailer, I think that I will take this one, my Capt. America build, and Flexy to the rat rod show next weekend. This is the first year for a non-motorized class. We'll see what the people think, and it won't bother me if Flexy beats out my builds.......it is still a cool bike with loads of fun features!

Love the pull back apes and that jet tank works beautifully on that frame!

wow I missed a whole lot of progress! , this is looking good , the wheels color combo and all , and these bars !!! :rockout:

Latest posts

Back