1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Our Own Parts - ID?

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by dready, May 22, 2012.

1. dready

dready

Found this floating around the swapmeet here in California http://www.flickr.com/photos/42608633@N00/7247123334/. Obviously imported from parts east.

Any help on the year and model (Re-badged Schwinn right?). Not sure where I'm going with it and may just ride it as is for now (turn key except for the rear sprocket that is spinning freely - any thoughts on how to fix?). Thanks much!

2. Nickinator

Nickinator

its a Schwinn i have a bike badged (our own hardware) its a local store here in Minnesota so yours is probably local to. as to your problem, rebuild the hubs.

3. partsguy

partsguy

I once parted out a '41 Hawthorne with a similar problem. The entire transmission in the hub needs to be rebuilt. I'm sure the wheel has a lot of frre play/slop in the bearings as well.

You may even need to replace a couple of parts.

4. dready

dready

Great. Thanks much to you both.