~@ OTHER SITES @~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.S.BOLTNUT

He who dies with the most toys ,still dies No Fear
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
:?: Just Curious ,Wonderin what other Bike sites Members frequent ? I know some are on the C.A.B.E. alot ,Which i cant seem to sign into for some reason :? and i know about the BMX Museum ,But what else do you guys check out ? bike related or not , remember keep it Clean . :lol:

RafaeL

Thanx for your post and link's Fellas ! seem's like all i do is Visit here, check my E-mail on Yahoo, and Craigs list . always wonderin what others are doin ?

RafaeL

For bicycle Forums: Undergroundvelo, Slownlow, Freakbikenation,the Cabe, BMXmuseum, VitalBMX, Layitlow, and here(but I shouldn't have to say that since I wrote it on this forum :roll: ).
First one has had the R removed (5th letter), so it is actually, UNDER not UNDE.

For bike related stuff, I used to be engaged with the Dahon forum before it became Tern. I also use to go to BikeForums.net quite a bit until I discovered RRB.
Nowadays, it's RRB, craigslist, and ebay.

Hey, if this was the old Schwinn forum this thread would gone already :)

They had that policy about not linking to any other bike sites.

Actually, I think the BMX Museum does this also.

Rat Rod said:
Yep...refer to forum rule number 7. :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61269

HAHA....you guys are horrible. Ignoring the bosses rules like that.

I look at it like, if I went over to my wife and asked if she knew any other cool women that I could hang out with. :D

goCRUISERgo said:
HAHA....you guys are horrible. Ignoring the bosses rules like that.

I look at it like, if I went over to my wife and asked if she knew any other cool women that I could hang out with. :D

That's a funny analogy, and rather interesting, but it doesn't hold up. I took some vows when I got married;
I think some of it had to do with monogamy. I never swore fealty to RRB.

There is the matter of Rule #7, and UGV definitely does contain some profanity**; I apologize for lettin' that
slip by. But, I think the most important part of this conversation has to do with the cycling community.
Crossover between forums would be a good thing, as I see it, b/c it will build the community. As things stand now,
the online cycling community is dominated by the "lycra" set, the "gnarly trails, dude"set, and (increasingly) the
"elegant cycle-chic" set. And, while there is already some crossover between those factions and RRB folks (I, for
one, am guilty of riding gnarly trails and commuting alot), it is understandable that tinkerers and aberrant bike
enthusiasts will want more discussions on bikes that are ratty than what RRB currently offers. That's why I think RRB folks
should be encouraged to seek it out elsewhere, and bring stuff back here! Stuff, as in, RRBish info and new members, etc.
This is how we grow our community. Evangelism, basically.

To be honest, I am married but I do "hang out" with other cool women. This usually stems from my varied and obtuse
interests, including urban gardening, bikeshares, vermiculture, DIY soap, and creating esoteric food/beverages. In
short, aside from the cooking, stuff that my wife does NOT want to talk about. So, she encourages me to find other
folks to discuss it all with. (B/c my interests tend to be popular with women as well, many folks in these communities
are female.)

Similarly, it's a good thing that UGV exists b/c a lot of RRB members enjoy cussing and getting e-Rowdy while discussing
bicycles. As we all know, Steve (RatRod) doesn't like that. I can respect and understand that, just like I
can respect/understand that my wife doesn't want to discuss worms with me. Which is why I talk about worms with
other ppl, just like I log into UGV as well as RRB.

Let's embrace the diversity within our community, which would be good for the community in general. And, if it's good for the
weird-bike community, ultimately, it will be good for RRB as well.

-rob

**In addition to the profanity, there is also some anti-RRB sentiment present on UGV. Some folks are mad about what they (understandably) perceive to be censorship on RRB. In light of this, I'd like to commend Steve for handling this thread gracefully/
tactfully. Thanks, Steve.

Green P1 said:
I've always wondered why the people at McDonalds don't encourage their customers to go eat at Wendy's more often... Said no one ever.

I've always wondered why McDonald's doesn't forbid its customers from even mentioning Wendy's in it's dining room....

Latest posts

Back