(ORBO) Ajax

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20110102092655-a76aa75e.jpg

PTDC0159.JPG

Looks like a great start! Rat on!

Love the frame and the slogan!
Watch out Mr Clean, AJAX is here.

Will you be painting it powder Blue ?

Will you be painting it powder Blue ?
No paint, I like what's left of the original finish. Plan is to use stuff that's either from, or was readily available before the bmx/mtb explosion, to make a simple simon OS trail bomber.

Been planning to swap the old school tires and bar off of O'l Droppy for a spring ride in Pensylvania w/Beatcad. I'll be putting a Wald 803 and some modern mtb treads on it. The OS tires will go on Ajax. So far I've dug out an all weather Mesinger saddle, a Wald 3144 stem, and a few other bits. Parts/progress pictures sometime this weekend. This post needs a picture, here's the old tosser.

Attachments

• PTDC0003_zps5b8932d3.jpg
    PTDC0003_zps5b8932d3.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 319
Tried and failed to put an old "dust cap" crank set on, frame needs lipped races. The pull back bar collection all had horrible positioning/clearance for a dedicated heavy bomber. A solution was found, with nice older heavy chromed stem already attached. :thumbsup:

:android: no additional photographic evididence available at this time. :android:

Hit the road.:bigboss:

:grin:

Last edited:
Just catching up here, dig the all weather messingers. Parts pile looks good, I think I might like the finished product here.

Well, my only mid-40s front rings were too modern except a common clover leaf, but I was hangin' w/jimmi and mentioned it, he reaches over to the shelf and hands me a Rollfast.
:cool2::dance2:
The only one of these cranks that would bracket center and chain line was the Shimano (probably the best one:showingbiceps::bigboss:), but I kept digging through buckets and finally found an old one that fit. :thumbsup:
PTDC0167.JPG

I thought that the apes would be good 'til I actually had a working test model:headbang:In actual use, too much leverage and front weight bias. Put my shortest pull back on there and it's Ok, in an old fashioned jes' foolin' around sorta way. Definitely a better fit to the build.
:nerd::grin:
Prototype about 97% done here.

Attachments

• PTDC0169.JPG
    PTDC0169.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back