Orange you glad. . .

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orange again or bare metal all around?

• bare metal (clear coated)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • orange and white again

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didnt make a cheezy pun? :mrgreen:

year ago i started this build, took me a while and i thought it was perfect. . .except for the paint runs, the bent pedal, the fork that didnt turn right. . .it looked nice in pictures though. sooooo back to bare metal. . . literally. i kinda regretted painting it orange though, and thought this is my second chance.

007 by andrew snyder, on Flickr
heres the before

what kind of frame is that??? i have one just like it ...but it has no straight bar???? oh it should look sweet bare metal :mrgreen: :mrgreen: just my two cents build on bro 8) :shock: :mrgreen: 8) 8)

its a monark frame, took me a while to find out but once i was informed it was pretty obvious haha

kewl but did it already come with the straight bar? i was also puzzled by the Colombia style drop outs???? thanx for the info bro!!! :D

gato'sbikes said:
kewl but did it already come with the straight bar? i was also puzzled by the Colombia style drop outs???? thanx for the info bro!!! :D
now the drop outs could be another thing haha, this was my grandpa's bike and it was broken at one time i believe and the whole rear of another bike was welded on. theres alot of solder work and odd welds arounf the rear. im starting to think it also has something to do with the odd stance when its unlowered

idk because my bike is exactly the same (just minus the straight bar) and also has some strange welds in the back and wear the down tube wraps around the bottom bracket im a lil confused :? :? :? will post pic though thanx agian weet bike bro

gato'sbikes said:
idk because my bike is exactly the same (just minus the straight bar) and also has some strange welds in the back and wear the down tube wraps around the bottom bracket im a lil confused :? :? :? will post pic though thanx agian weet bike bro
i meant sweet not "WEET" LOL urgh those typos !!!!rat on brotha!!!

snydur said:
gato'sbikes said:
now the drop outs could be another thing haha, this was my grandpa's bike and it was broken at one time i believe and the whole rear of another bike was welded on. theres alot of solder work and odd welds arounf the rear. im starting to think it also has something to do with the odd stance when its unlowered

I think they were just built poorly! I have one too and did it in bare metal with a gloss clear.
bike-12.jpg

:shock: that orange would look sick, id have to do some more body work to make sure it looks flawless but i think that would be nice. white walls would be a must as well

snydur said:
:shock: that orange would look sick, id have to do some more body work to make sure it looks flawless but i think that would be nice. white walls would be a must as well
YES!

snydur said:
largek9 said:
ORANGE and BLACK !!!!!! :) :) I like that frame.
hmmm, thats an idea!! do you think with black tires , seat, and grips that would be enough?

I love bare metal bikes but the orange is already on and I think that amount of black would be enough.
You could do the easiest for now and change your mind later. More time for riding :D

gato'sbikes said:

I'm fairly sure that's a Westfield/Columbia frame. They were the only ones to have the top tube that goes through the seat tube. Monarks have very similar rear stays, but there's a separation. Each side is welded to the seat tube. Anyway, I'd go orange & black too. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
gato'sbikes said:

I'm fairly sure that's a Westfield/Columbia frame. They were the only ones to have the top tube that goes through the seat tube. Monarks have very similar rear stays, but there's a separation. Each side is welded to the seat tube. Anyway, I'd go orange & black too. -Adam

is there a place or does some on have a pic of what the original bike looked like ?????

Latest posts

Back