Ooooze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Oooooze

Dualie straight bars was definitely the way to go on that.
Awesome build you go there!!

kingfish254 said:
Dualie straight bars was definitely the way to go on that.
Awesome build you go there!!

I agree. I was doubtful before, but having seen it I take it back. You have a good eye, really top notch work.

Put some apes on the other day and I really like it but I like my arms to be lower so I'll be doin some cutting on these. I also painted the headlight body.
oooooooze19.jpg

oooooooze20.jpg

This is coming along Great! I cant help but think a set of WW tires would look Cool! Keep up the good work! 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks fellas. I got the rest of the welding done, got some paint on, threw on a chain and took it for a ride yesterday. I love the ride but the ape handlebars gotta go. My hands went numb rather fast and the wife said it didnt look to comfortable. I think it will be better with the bars lowered. I think I will probably pass on making it a multi-speed bike for now. Ive got some more little things I will be doing on it so check back later.
oooooooze29.jpg

oooooooze28.jpg

oooooooze30.jpg

oooooooze31.jpg

cman said:
Nice lines. What color is that?
Thanks Cman, First I shot the bike in Testors Inca gold over white primer. Then I flipped the bike over and faded in Testors bronze on all the surfaces that face downward (when the bike is upright). Then I turned the bike upright and layed down another coat of inca gold on all the top surfaces and anywhere that I oversprayed the bronze. I love the results, you can barely see the bronze unless you back up a bit. Its a laquer so I hope it holds up better than an enamel. I will probably top coat with a clear laquer when the weather warms up.

Well the bikes been done for about a week now and it rides real nice. I ended up using a set of high rise apes cut down and rearranged for the handlebars and they are really comfortable. Next weekend Im taking it to our 5th annual Freakbike Militia "rock the isle" ride and picnic. If you are coming in town for the huge Ann Arbor Saline bike show next Sunday. On Saturday you should grab a bike, some eatables and a friend with a bike and come down to Belle Isle in the middle of the Detroit river and hang out for the afternoon. Its alot of fun! I will have this bike there.
oooooooze35.jpg

oooooooze32.jpg

oooooooze34.jpg

I haven't really been keeping up with everyone's builds. I just found this one.....I gotta tell ya, this is one of my ALL TIME favorites..The lines are gorgeous. I especially like the attention to detail on how the twin supports for the BB are parallel with the twin bars below the tank. OUSTANDING!

I missed this build too! :shock:

Awesome bike, looks factory :wink: The bars look good on it too :mrgreen: Great work :p

Beautiful ....that bike is a work of art :!:

I may head down to Belle Isle next weekend to see it in person!

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Im really looking forward to bringing it to its first show and ride this Saturday. Although Ive been getting alot of seat time in my neighborhood already. Shaggy Im not sure if Im bringing it to Ann Arbor on Sun. I like to keep my van empty so If I find anything I want, I can get it home. My brother wants to ride it in a parade for Cinco De Mayo the following weekend. Im going to ride my High Horse bike and it looks like there will be a bunch of tall bikes as well. Should be cool. Lots of pics to follow.

Yeah, I want to bring something back from Ann arbor too, if I can find something that I really like, and have the money for it. As far as I know, I am still going to be riding up to Saginaw for the parade ride on the 5th. I plan on bringing the tall bike, since its the only one I have rideable at the moment, except for the mt bike.

Shaggy

Latest posts

Back