Olive Oil

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/olive-oil.108712/

This is my third build-off and my second time actually finishing and completing on time!
The frame was custom welded by a buddy of mine - traded an old GT iDrive to him for the frame. The cleaning up of welds and pinstriping were all learned on the fly and by getting good tips and advice from all of you guys.
The front fork is a mixture of old and new parts. Wheels are 29" aluminum mated to a Nexus 3 speed.
I'd still like to come up with a kickstand solution but for now ... she is done!
A very smooth and comfortable ride ... I have a short video of me riding it but have yet to figure out how to add it.

4.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    661.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Uncle Shish, this is top notch! Your take on the stretch cruiser, with the big 29er wheels, is not only eye candy, but probably rides really well too.

Here's how you can post the video. Establish a Youtube channel, really easy to do. Go to Youtube for the steps on how to.

Then, an icon will come up on the top right corner of the menu bar that looks like an old movie camera with a '+' sign on it. Click on that, and then you can drag or upload your video to your channel. It will allow you to Title it, Describe it, and Tag others in it; like ratrodbikes.com, for instance.

It will take a couple of minutes, depending on length, to Process and then Publish. Once it's published, you can copy and paste the URL into this Finished Thread for all to see.

Looking forward to seeing your video! Superb work on Olive Oil! :41:

Uncle Shish, this is top notch! Your take on the stretch cruiser, with the big 29er wheels, is not only eye candy, but probably rides really well too.

Here's how you can post the video. Establish a Youtube channel, really easy to do. Go to Youtube for the steps on how to.

Then, an icon will come up on the top right corner of the menu bar that looks like an old movie camera with a '+' sign on it. Click on that, and then you can drag or upload your video to your channel. It will allow you to Title it, Describe it, and Tag others in it; like ratrodbikes.com, for instance.

It will take a couple of minutes, depending on length, to Process and then Publish. Once it's published, you can copy and paste the URL into this Finished Thread for all to see.

Looking forward to seeing your video! Superb work on Olive Oil! :41:
Thank you for the kind words and the posting tips.
I posted it on Facebook. Is there a way to link it from there?

RiDE viD ! Dig it! That bike looks like it can cover a lot of ground quickly.

Great location for a video too. Those giant checkerboard squares are cool!

RiDE viD ! Dig it! That bike looks like it can cover a lot of ground quickly.

Great location for a video too. Those giant checkerboard squares are cool!

Thanks again for your tips on posting!

Yes, the bike does indeed cover a lot of ground quickly! My son rode Olive Oil and I rode my B6 with a Nexus 7. I was pedaling like heck and failing to keep up with his casual pedal pace.

This big boy came out great!
Love the old HD vibe it has too.
BRAVO!!

You probably already know this, but Don't forget that when the Voting thread is created we will use the first pic from your Finished thread. I'm not suggesting anything is wrong with the current pic, just making sure everyone knows.

Latest posts

Back