Old Sears Cruiser: The Oriole (finished pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! I like the way the whitewalls look with the white rims. I'm using white rims on my BO7 bike. I was considering painting them black and using whitewalls, but this has me thinking. I may just do a 3/8" black stripe on the edge of the rims now.

Ape Stanger said:
I like the seat post. Is that a 45 degree pipe elbow? If so what did you use to attach the seat post pieces to it?
Thanks! It is a 45 degree elbow, and it's 1/2" pipe...an 8" piece down the tube, and a 6" piece to the seat.

That's an awesome bike. I'm using clear over patina on my bike too, though my bike is going to be kinda like a polished poo :lol: . What's the OD on 1/2 inch pipe? I like that seatpost, wanna copy!!

jackdaw said:
That's an awesome bike. I'm using clear over patina on my bike too, though my bike is going to be kinda like a polished poo :lol: . What's the OD on 1/2 inch pipe? I like that seatpost, wanna copy!!
It's basically 7/8". It went in the tube easier than the original post, but the clamp tightened it up nicely...it ended up costing under $6 too

IronDio said:
jackdaw said:
It's basically 7/8". It went in the tube easier than the original post, but the clamp tightened it up nicely...it ended up costing under $6 too

This is why I love this site. I have to try this.
Really like the bike!

Latest posts

Back