1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Old Sears Cruiser: The Oriole (finished pics)

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by IronDio, Jun 14, 2012.

1. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Sharp looking bike! 8)

2. IronDio

IronDio

Thanks for the compliments!

Dr. T, I picked that up at my local CARQUEST Auto Parts.

3. Ape Stanger

Ape Stanger

Nice work! I like the way the whitewalls look with the white rims. I'm using white rims on my BO7 bike. I was considering painting them black and using whitewalls, but this has me thinking. I may just do a 3/8" black stripe on the edge of the rims now.

4. Ape Stanger

Ape Stanger

I like the seat post. Is that a 45 degree pipe elbow? If so what did you use to attach the seat post pieces to it?

5. IronDio

IronDio

Thanks! It is a 45 degree elbow, and it's 1/2" pipe...an 8" piece down the tube, and a 6" piece to the seat.

6. Ape Stanger

Ape Stanger

Did you use JB weld at the seems or did you weld them?

7. IronDio

IronDio

Niether. Just cranked them in with a vise and pipe wrench. This is the second one I've done like this, and they don't move (if you get them tight enough)

8. jackdaw

jackdaw

That's an awesome bike. I'm using clear over patina on my bike too, though my bike is going to be kinda like a polished poo :lol: . What's the OD on 1/2 inch pipe? I like that seatpost, wanna copy!!

9. IronDio

IronDio

It's basically 7/8". It went in the tube easier than the original post, but the clamp tightened it up nicely...it ended up costing under $6 too

10. IronDio

IronDio

So, I added a fitting headbadge decal, and got a cool vintage light (originally a handlebar-mount type) on ebay and mounted it on the front fender. Will post pics when I take them ;)

11. Bigdaddy772

Bigdaddy772

WOW!!!! That is a super cool ride. your pinstripes came out killer. 8) :mrgreen:

12. Saverio

Saverio

This is why I love this site. I have to try this.
    Really like the bike!