Old Indian Hiawatha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Guy is asking $ 400. Pretty sure it is not completely original and not near worth what this guy is asking

What do you guys think it is worth? I'm thinking 200 tops but even that gives me pause.

62b8876facaf73c4e45429bcdffc923c.jpg

74c1674b394f5e0f00d4f1929406b22c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tires, Handlebars,and pedals are not original.

$125-$150 tops. It's missing to much and the badge looks like toast.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking. First thing out of the old dudes mouth is he saw one just like it on American Pickers for 600. A lost cause as I will only be where he is located for a few days only. I would pay 125 to 150 only because I have pedals and Handlebars that are more period correct in my scrap heap.

Been looking at some pics on the net. I don't believe the bike is an Indian Hiawatha just the badge. Looks like an old Roadmaster. Value just went down to 50 bucks for me.

Freddy, I think you made a good call. However, I disagree about the bike's lineage--I believe it IS a genuine Hiawatha...just one of the last ones produced. I base my conclusions on the cantilever-style frame and block-lettered headbadge. Throughout most of their history, Hiawatha bicycles used a distinctive script as part of the logo; this foil label is a departure from that practice.

And just for clarity, when you say "Indian," do you mean Indian Motorcycle? I can assure you that is not the case. Indian was known to have marketed rare and desirable bicycles from time-to-time, but no Hiawatha is not among those. Is that what the seller was hinting at?

The American pickers line kills me I just want to smack people when they pull that line, the whole it's a vintage bike must be worth solid gold mentality needs to stop. I just had the exact same problem, a guy was selling a 59 Schwinn Typhoon for $300 and it was missing most of the big ticket items basically just a frame and fork set.

Freddy, I think you made a good call. However, I disagree about the bike's lineage--I believe it IS a genuine Hiawatha...just one of the last ones produced. I base my conclusions on the cantilever-style frame and block-lettered headbadge. Throughout most of their history, Hiawatha bicycles used a distinctive script as part of the logo; this foil label is a departure from that practice.

And just for clarity, when you say "Indian," do you mean Indian Motorcycle? I can assure you that is not the case. Indian was known to have marketed rare and desirable bicycles from time-to-time, but no Hiawatha is not among those. Is that what the seller was hinting at?

I'm not sure what the guy was trying to bring across. He sounded old and was not sure about a lot of the details on the bike. Last thing he told me is he would be willing to trade a gun for it. I don't make those kinds of trades.

I'm not sure what the guy was trying to bring across. He sounded old and was not sure about a lot of the details on the bike. Last thing he told me is he would be willing to trade a gun for it. I don't make those kinds of trades.

Be like ...... bring a bike to a gun fight !!!!

A_popgun.jpg

Latest posts

Back