Old but, newbie bike addict from Va.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd56

It's all about the tanklights
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Been collecting for 2+ years. Primarily the late '50s thru the '60s middleweights.
Murrays, Huffys and Columbias are the main ingredient of the herd I have accumulated.
If it has a Tanklight then I'm drawn to it.
The wife says I only need one but, the herd, quickly has grown to 15+.
I'm not a computer guy so manipulating the RRB system and uploading, understanding the rules etc....is a challenge. URLs and pixel sizes and band width and all the other technical mumbo jumbo just frustrates me. So please bear with my ignorance and eneptness....but, I'm an old guy with no tech background....."hey honey it looks like the internet went down again, call someone please!!" It is what it is, guess I need to pay the internet people on time, if only I didn't buy that trailer full of crusty old frames I would and could afford this internet provider invoice....lol
I do enjoy this site and am trying to figure it all out.

I started this collecting madness as not a hobby but to have a cool vintage bike to ride on the main streets of the Va. Beach ocean front. The responses from people in the area about the cool looking '59 Ross Deluxe with tanklight was exciting. And the head turns and compliments made me feel good that I rescued a relic from the dumpster. Hearing the " I used to have one like that" or "that is cool, what year is it" and of course my favorite " they don't make em like that anymore", just made me want more to show off or ride.

Until recently, I never thought I would sell some of the collection but, the addiction has taken over. There just isn't enough room. So I sell a few and buy a few more. The vicious cycle continues

I have parted out my first bike and feel sick about it. I had to make room and the unique '59 Lady Evans EvanAction had to go.

I haven't been much of a builder or RatRod guy. But, am impressed with the bikes that have been. The Imagination that goes into the rebuilds is mind boggling to say the least. But, I respect the ones that have this talent.

I hope to make some friends, learn a thing or two while here on RRB.

Latest posts

Back