Octavio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still missing a headlight which I NEED since I ride mostly at night in the summer. I'm thinking I'm gonna try the motorcycle headlight/LED conversion, not sure yet though....

I'm glad you powdercoated your way out of the voting, I wouldn't want to compete against this! haha I'd love to own it though.

yoothgeye said:
I'm glad you powdercoated your way out of the voting, I wouldn't want to compete against this! haha I'd love to own it though.

LOL, Thanks Yooth, find out the cost to ship to NC :mrgreen:

BarnesTO said:
yoothgeye said:

LOL, Thanks Yooth, find out the cost to ship to NC :mrgreen:

Premium shipping is $100 and I'm willing to pay that to ship the free bike to me. :wink: :lol:

It's a work in progress, I suppose. Although I loved 99% of the pinstriping, I felt that the scallops in that front gusset were just too small so I removed them (total PITA, btw) and I'm gonna have them redone, I was really inspired by the job done on BBI's orange metallic "Hard Time" bike, and I wish I had shown a pic of that to the pinstriper as a guide so he could have put his own spin on it.

Anyoo, some time this week it should get done, along with a little touchup on the chainguard....I have since gotten a headlight and still need to get some stanchion bumpers but it's pretty much done....

Much better space of all that room....
Behind Bars by Nesto2008, on Flickr

Thanks Peat....Gonna try to get a few more "glamour" shots in the next few days....loving your Bratz bike as well!

Always good to hear of a build getting ridden!!!!!
Love that bike, it really turned out sweet!!!
I have a Rat Fink frame that is the same.

Can't wait to see what you've got in store, if I had a SUPER CLEAN RF I'd try to keep it as is but if I came across a rough one nothing would be sacred, lol....I'm actually considering breaking down Octavio in the spring and fixing a few of the things that have been nagging me....Sucks to be OCD, lol

Well, I broke Octavio down about two months ago and was planning on a rebuild when a buddy of mine who was on the verge of breaking down and rebuilding a BRAND NEW Rat Fink expressed that he'd rather have a steel frame so a deal was made. I kept my wheels/tires and seat and we traded everything straight across. I really wanted it painted Toyota Blizzard Whilte pearl but I knew it was gonna be an expensive paint to source and buy all the paint so I was probably gonna go with a pearl white powdercoat (also not cheap). I called a friend of mine on the long shopt that I could get a hookup with paint and it was my lucky day I suppose so I hastily stripped the frame, fender and chainguard....I'll post a few photos when I get home today....

Latest posts

Back