Nuttin Fancy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice paint and I like the painted apes too.

[/quote]
I like your build but how did you make that head badge I so want to make my own[/quote]

There are some threads on making head badges. Do a search, you'll find 'em.

Basically, I bought some .015" brass shim stock from Fastenal, some ferric chloride pcb board etchant from Radio Shack, printed reverse images of my designs on glossy magazine pages with a laserjet printer, ironed the image onto the copper, threw a very hot piece of copper in warm water to help remove the paper, then threw it in about 1/2" of the ferric chloride for about an hour.

There are other guys making much better badges than mine, but it's not hard, just time consuming. Try it, you'll get addicted to it!

Good luck, Rg

thanks for the tip on the badge I may try an use my engraver on some t40 aluminum
an kingfish254 thanks for the flowers I jus dont like chrome plus they where so toasty it was bad but paint makes every thing better :lol:

looking good bk, there has ALWAYS been a deep red/burgundy car in my family, so I have a fondness for the color.

What thinking about for a seat? Muscle bike style w/a banana seat or bobber style with a vintage springer saddle?

Either way would be cool, white would rock! Something with pleats for that 'tuck and roll' look....stop Dr. T, this NOT your bike (slap). :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Dr. T

since you asked this is where I'm going with the seat
051802_163500.jpg

051802_163700.jpg

051802_163701.jpg

but I do like the bannana seat idea with the the pleats Dr. Tankerstien great idea for my next build

if anyone has some old school pedals I would be intrested in purchaseing them nothing new has went into this build so far an I hope nothing new makes it into it thanks guys hope everyone is enjoying this as much as I am

Well no work today got the Hooker reuion today so headin to the sunshine state or bikini state in trucker talk hope everyone has a productive day in the imortal word of Jake Sensi peace

Gotta love Hookers we are the coolest my 77yr old aunt was cuttin a rugg an can drink cold beer with the best of us :mrgreen:

I'm stuck it looks as if something it missing can't put my finger on it the bike looks good but I feel like it needs something :?: 's anyone

big kountry said:
I'm stuck it looks as if something it missing can't put my finger on it the bike looks good but I feel like it needs something :?: 's anyone

Not sure. You got the seat idea. Any plans for a tank or shifters or fenders? How about lights?
Larger photos would help.

kingfish254 said:
big kountry said:

Not sure. You got the seat idea. Any plans for a tank or shifters or fenders? How about lights?
Larger photos would help.
maybe not a tank but maybe something in that gapen hole in the bars an lights is a great idea I know I'm doing a front tire swap from 2.25 to 1.25 that'll give me a chopper look

thanks thats my lilman holdin the bike he is scared to death he is going to drop it I can't believe that silver metalflake looks so chromey in the pics

big kountry said:
bigger pic
052002_195100.jpg

WOW, that is a bigger bike, you really shrunk!!!! :p

Thinking of a name change seat change an the ace of spades possibly a trailer added also. No defintely a trailer thinking of maybe a red wagon

Latest posts

Back