NOW SEEN IN FINISHED SECTION! ▓▒░ Higgins the German Spy ░▒▓

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ▓▒░ Higgins the German Spy ░▒▓ update6/23: LTD or Swan? pg3

yoothgeye said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
I like that hood ornament :p

Stock LTD or modded with the swan?

Oh yeah, the LTD! :mrgreen:

Peatbog said:
Make sure it is a male swan though.

How can I tell?

Anyway, here's a pre-update. I was up at 5:00am working on a 300 quart pot of brunswick stew, along the line while emptying can upon can of lima beans, tomato sauce, and corn I decided to keep some cans. Some will be used for sorting nuts and bolts while one of them will be sacrificed to make a license plate holder, an idea I stole directly from garagegoon's BO-06 build:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39626&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=coffee+can&start=30#p389628

Peatbog said:
That 300 quart pot of stew had to be pretty impressive.

Yeah, if any photos show up (someone took some) I'll post them. We got 302 quarts, the most he's gotten was 327, but it really is a 300 quart pot, he says it depends on the phase of the moon.

It was a lot of work, and as long as we sell all the "extra" that we didn't pre-sell we look to make $1500. The yard sale last week netted us $1600.

Man thats going to be a cool bike I dig the direction your headed WOW just blew my ming how cool that frame looks 8)

big kountry said:
Man thats going to be a cool bike I dig the direction your headed WOW just blew my ming how cool that frame looks 8)

Thanks man, wish I could find more like it. :D

For a split second there,I thought "Please don't tell me you're going to mount the swan on the back fender."
Serious risk of being goosed.

I'm diggin' this build 8) 8)

Circa Cycles said:
For a split second there,I thought "Please don't tell me you're going to mount the swan on the back fender."
Serious risk of being goosed.

Wow, haha, nice.

Circa Cycles said:
I'm diggin' this build 8) 8)

Thanks man, once I got the shiny wheels on and had it rolling with my big bars, I was digging it too.

(Bundesnachrichtendienst)

I like the Schwan (German spelling) better. I remember seeing a few swans on those wacky bikes I saw in Malacca, Malaysia.

yoothgeye said:
Peatbog said:
Make sure it is a male swan though.

How can I tell?

Anyway, here's a pre-update. I was up at 5:00am working on a 300 quart pot of brunswick stew, along the line while emptying can upon can of lima beans, tomato sauce, and corn I decided to keep some cans. Some will be used for sorting nuts and bolts while one of them will be sacrificed to make a license plate holder, an idea I stole directly from garagegoon's BO-06 build:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=39626&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=coffee+can&start=30#p389628

I helped document my grandmother's famous Brunswick Stew recipe ages ago. She started with a whole fresh ham and a large hen. I forget how many quarts she would put up, but she always had some to send home with visitors. It was best over rice.

kingfish254 said:
I like the Schwan (German spelling) better. I remember seeing a few swans on those wacky bikes I saw in Malacca, Malaysia.

The German spy is interested in all of your foreign affairs. :|

kingfish254 said:
I helped document my grandmother's famous Brunswick Stew recipe ages ago. She started with a whole fresh ham and a large hen. I forget how many quarts she would put up, but she always had some to send home with visitors. It was best over rice.

My grandparents did a Brunswick stew every year in the fall, it was a fun time growing up. They would make it for anyone who wanted to come eat in the community/church/family, I remember many times people just stopping on the country road and us serving them. Their stew had chicken and beef, but there was never a recipe until a family friend came to it and wrote down everything as it went into the pot. My uncle has the pot now and is trying to carry on the tradition.

yoothgeye said:
kingfish254 said:

My grandparents did a Brunswick stew every year in the fall, it was a fun time growing up. They would make it for anyone who wanted to come eat in the community/church/family, I remember many times people just stopping on the country road and us serving them. Their stew had chicken and beef, but there was never a recipe until a family friend came to it and wrote down everything as it went into the pot. My uncle has the pot now and is trying to carry on the tradition.

My grandmother was a taste based cook, so no recipe either. I went over one weekend. My grandfather and I did all the prep. He did the cooking (she coulnd't see well enough by then). I documented the recipe. It was a blast spending time with them like that. I still remember near the end, it tasted great, but my grandmother said it needed a little more xxxxxxx. Sure enough, my grandfather added it and she was SOOOOO right. It was perfect then. Good times, good food, and great memories. If I find the recipe, I'll send it to you to compare.

I'm going to get my mom to scan some old stew photos in, so many great memories.

tin machine said:
hey dude , have you ever thought of making a racing lawnmower out of that mower in the picture , maybe throw a small motorcycle engine under the hood ?? i mean something to keep you busy !!! :lol:

I already have NO time!

dragnusa said:
use the LTD ornament as a sight on the GI bike

I actually had already planned to make a sight on the handlebar support, but it will be bigger, the LTD piece is pretty small.

Peatbog said:
I'll trade you some yellow paint for a little of your spare time.

Hope you have an empty can to trade me. :oops:

Anyone have an answer to this question? Was the US headbadge a heavier duty unit or was it just thin stamped steel as well? On the bottom of my badge it does say "Made in Germany" and something else, I haven't cleaned it enough to read yet.

SAM_0873.jpg

Re: ▓▒░ Higgins the German Spy ░▒▓ US vs. German headbadge pg5

Zoom in with a magnifying glass.

I think it reads "Stimmen Für Flex-Liner 7"

Re: ▓▒░ Higgins the German Spy ░▒▓ US vs. German headbadge pg5

kingfish254 said:
Zoom in with a magnifying glass.

I think it reads "Stimmen Für Flex-Liner 7"

If it does I'm sure it'll grind right off.

Latest posts

Back