Not sure what I've got...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've got this unusual frame, not a cantilever I think, but close? I think it's a Schwinn based on the serial number (B333176, making it a '63) and the Schwinn grips and seat post bolt. Any help would be appreciated!
002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010.jpg

I'm leaning away from this being a Schwinn now, nothing from '63 looks even close to this thing. I tried tracking down the HP Snyder name, but couldn't find much. Maybe a Hawthorne? They seem to have the only bike with the twin curved top tubes with no 3rd cantilever tube. Exciting to have something this unique though. I'd really like to see other pictures of ones like mine though.

volksportguy72 said:
I'm leaning away from this being a Schwinn now, nothing from '63 looks even close to this thing. I tried tracking down the HP Snyder name, but couldn't find much. Maybe a Hawthorne? They seem to have the only bike with the twin curved top tubes with no 3rd cantilever tube. Exciting to have something this unique though. I'd really like to see other pictures of ones like mine though.

As you wish!
Hawthorne60stwinbar.jpg

60s Snyder built Hawthorne. The tank is just a flat piece of metal, with a chrome 'paperclip' around it. You can always tell later Snyder frames by the four connected holes in the dropouts, looks like the Audi logo. And there should be an 'SE' stamp over the serial. There isn't any serial info out there yet to get a closer date. -Adam

Ah-ha!! Mystery mostly solved, as it does have the "Audi logo" and SE stamped near the serial. So, I'm assuming that it's not a hyper-collectible, as in, something I would feel guilty "ratting out", or that I should sell to put my kids through college...

Latest posts

Back