NOS LWB HPV

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They went back to lockdown, so the checkpoints hold up traffic. I won't be going to town anytime soon, the front wheel truing will wait. I put two chains together and had just enough. Suntour derailleur and an old roller I've had for awhile. Longer handlebars are needed. I ordered a seat pad that looks like a recumbent seat that will be fabbed to a piece of wood and mounted somehow. Then the seatback is the next challenge.

8 aug 21 mockup.jpg

The seat cushion showed up already. I plan to cut the piece of wood from a cabinet we had redone. It will be big enough but not have to cover the whole area of the cushion. That will attach to the bracket that attaches to the frame somehow. Then the cushion will use velcro.

seat cushion.jpg

Big handlebars and BMX stem are on.
I didn't like the big seat pad, it was way too big. It works great on my computer chair though.
I'm going to use a huge cruiser seat and a big gel pad, then modify the collar to fit the top tube of the frame. Just a little cutting should get it to fit, the tubing is the same size as a fork tube, so I'm using a scrap piece from a fork to get it fitted just right. Then it can be adjusted forward or backward easily.
Even though the frame is made for a 27" wheel, I have a caliper brake that reaches the 26" rim. That solves a big problem.
seat position.jpg

I bought a pad made for rear seats of small motorcycles and will use it as my back rest. I'll cut a piece of wood for the backing and use some leftover struts to mount it up. It should be adjustable so that'll take some engineering.

seat and pad.jpg

Latest posts

Back