No Use for a Name...back at it again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: No Use for a Name...

Thx for the good words fellas...I was diggin' it til I mounted up the seat. I tried the apes on it which made it WAY worse. I'm gonna shorten the wheelbase a bit tomorrow and see how it looks. If that doesnt work, I'll find a creative way to turn it into rubbish 8)

photo-124.jpg

photo-125.jpg

I see what your saying,I still like it maybe take a little of the hump out im not sure. But it looked like it would all fit together perfectly,strange how things change as each part gets put on 8) :mrgreen:

You know, its rad bike concept work! Even if it isnt rideable, you could give it a quick paintjob and use it as a static display (or on a signpost outside your door).
It IS way too cool to trash :D .

Ok so I'm back on track I think...thanks to all you guys pushin' me on it. I cut about 7" or of the rear of the frame which put it a lil closer to the concept. The static thing may be it's destiny-it's rideable now, but I'm way to humped over on it, so I might try the swooped bars that kc suggested. I hate to put all the effort into it and not be able to cruise it a lil bit. the front suspension works good...a lil bit too good. It's just too soft and the tire is rubbing (I have about a 1/4" that Ill try to trim). Anyway, here she is as of now...

photo-127.jpg

photo-128.jpg

photo-129.jpg

I really like the look of this bike! It's almost imposing, like a bucking bronco or bull, almost daring you to ride it! Woo!

I can see where the riding position is less than 'comfortable'. What if you bend some custom bars that follow the line of the top tube? Or how about a set of WWII military bars, maybe flipped. (you may have extend them slightly)?

Rini Enterprises has them for $10. http://www.rinienterprises.com

hb-3-army.jpg

Good luck, don't give up on this beauty!

Cheers,
Dr. T

That's a mean lookin' creature,definitely my style! Great lines. Maybe try bars like below, 'cause I agree: it hás to be ridable. I faced a bit of the same problem, 2 years ago (too much length) and with these bars the problem was solved. They're still on my bike. Good luck and don't give up on this beauty!

Kingzebba1 said:
Sweet! How dose it ride? Curious about the rake.
it rides pretty good-has the same feel of my lowrider with the springer...feels like the frame goes one direction and the wheel goes the other lol. I think it's due to the wheel being shoved out in front of the stem rather than the rake.

Dr T- thx man! That might be a good option. I'm gonna work on it some more tonight. 6" back on the bars will do the trick. I can move the seat up, but it doesn't look good...guess I'm just one of those fashion over function dudes lol

Much thx Wimpy! That thing is CRAZY bro...Props! Curious to see what that stile of bars would look like. I think that's kinda what kc was talkin about.

Your ride is looking good ,In glad you stuck with it!! 8) :mrgreen:

Great to see another great use of chunks of OCC Stingrays.

Looking Good!!! The rear swingarm looks right drilled I like it!!!! 8) :mrgreen:

So, I just scored 6 NOS chrome fenders today. I've gotta redo the fender mount, but I think the chrome will look good against the brushed steel, and it balances nicely w the forks and crank. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to run whitewalls on both ends or just the rear...I'm def leaning toward the latter of the two. The wheels wil be something earthtone-ish, prolly kandy tangerine or a kandy rootbeer

photo-138.jpg

photo-139.jpg

photo-140.jpg

sweet looking, great framework Im almost thinkin you need a vertical bar just in front of the back tire bent at the same radius as the tire like the baseman 346 frame for a little strength .2 cents ,anyway this is my new favorite build .RAT ON!!

Latest posts

Back