1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

No Use for a Name...back at it again

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by Jgoodwill, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

Here's what I'm thinkin for my next build (sketched these over dinner tonight-my gf hates bikes at this point lol) I've got two more stingrays to sacrifice. Not sure which one I'll go with-prolly a combination of the two. I might try it w rear suspension. I've also for a super moto downhill fork that I've been saving for something...this just might be it 8)
    [​IMG]

2. Ratter

Ratter

Re: No Use for a Name...

Man that would be sick! I'd go with a really high tank...

3. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

That's what I'm thinkin...I want the bars lower than the tank and headlight. The more I look at it, I think I'll do the bottom frame with the top fork setup. I might get started on it tonight

4. Skipton

Skipton Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!

Talk about a cool thumb nail sketch 8)

I like what your thinking!... Looking forward to a progress report :mrgreen:

5. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

Lol

6. gcrank1

gcrank1

Keep the bike(s), change GF (its gonna happen anyway, might as well get it over and take the pain now, it'll only be worse later).

7. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

Lol-I feel ya man-I think I'll hang on to this one tho. Ok...been playing around with it and here's what I've narrowed it down to. Whadya think-A, B, or C??? I've got my fav, just curious what the general consensus is
    [​IMG]

8. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

I'm between B and C...I changed the tank on c to the same as B. Leanin' heavily toward C right now. Here are some color schemes I've been playing with. Leaning toward C on it too I think.
    [​IMG]

9. gcrank1

gcrank1

With your changes, the attitude of the C is a little more aggressive than B, which has that 'laid back' fork rake. I think C might handle better as a bicycle and B as a motorcycle at speed. C just seems to be a little more 'in your face', and although it doesnt have quite the flow to my eye, I still like it for some reason.........

10. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

Agreed-C has been my fav all along...not sure why either. I think A has the best lines, but something about C just works for me. Heres what it'll be from the top

[​IMG]

11. King Zebba

King Zebba

I'm diggin the rides you guys are buildin! Can't wait to see this one! 8)

12. SectionEightLife

SectionEightLife

Hey man, I'm lovin' these designs! I like the way you're goin' with these things, right off the bat of those first lineups I was gonna suggest B with C's front end. I was wondering if you don't mind a little artistic input along with everyone elses help, cause I saw this and it instantly made me think of this.
    (was gonna do some good editing but my compies actin funny so MS pain to the rescue! :?)

So I see these type builds and I Like em, but (not trying to offend :oops:) in my own opinion they kinda look like plows and I think they're a little over done, like I said I like 'em, but that's just kinda my 2 cents issue that keeps poppin' up on my shoulder whenever I see 'em. That being said Ive always seen a potential sweet and unique frame shape in them. Ive always wanted to see a 'fancypants' bar on the inner frame to kill deadspace and have the bottom end lifted up so it has a bobber or a hotrody 'High-boy' look to it. (MS paint was being... well MS paint, so I wasnt able to get the best shape out of it, maybe rework it a bit if you like it, but you get the idea :roll:)

[​IMG]

I guess if I tried hard enough I could maybe cut and chop a couple of frames and maybe get something kinda like this, but I don't have the resources or ability to do a frame like this anywhere near as good as you probably could.

Just thought I'd throw in some brain food for the effort. Keep up the sick work man!
    -Hans

13. Skipton

Skipton Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!

+1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

14. sensor

sensor

opppps. i thought this was the bands fan page :p
    just messing with you.....looking forward to seeing something in steel

15. UnDerzon3

UnDerzon3

maybe try to invert the coulors? :)
    brown frame and blue wheels etc, think that could turn out nice aswell :)

16. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

Thx guys for the feedback! SectionEightLife- your edits look good man, but I really like low frame. We're talking about doin air ride so it would lay frame w no kickstand. 8) Sensor- the show starts soon and the pit gets nasty from time to time lol. UnDerzon3- i agree, but my bobber is brown w teal wheels (as well as the trike), so I think I'm gonna stick to the plan. I'm gonna try to do the tank in wood, or at least airbrush it to look like wood.

17. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

Looks like we're doing a buildoff...5 victims I mean contestants so far lol. A couple of my guys here at the shop as well as a couple of other buddies are joining in. This is gonna get stupid 8) The smak-talkin' has already started

SRM Biker Buildoff: American Bicycle is here :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49761

18. FatBoy

FatBoy

I must say any combo of A,B,C will be a sick ride!!! Are you guys doin the buildoff as a thread here on RRB or just between friends?It would be cool to see six of these built at once! 8) :mrgreen:

19. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

Anybody is welcome to join in! I posted it in the challenges section. I don't think any of my other buddies are on rrb yet, but I'm sure they will be soon. So far, the smack talk is a on Facebook, and I might do a page just for the buildoff. It's gonna be a lot of fun-everybody is doin completely different stuff, so it'll be interesting...some real talented guys involved, so I'm anxious to see the outcome. I might just have my .... handed to me on this one :mrgreen:

20. Jgoodwill

Jgoodwill

Here we go...just mocking it up a lil bit

Ostrich grips
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]