No Use for a Name...back at it again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I'm thinkin for my next build (sketched these over dinner tonight-my gf hates bikes at this point lol) I've got two more stingrays to sacrifice. Not sure which one I'll go with-prolly a combination of the two. I might try it w rear suspension. I've also for a super moto downhill fork that I've been saving for something...this just might be it 8)
photo-64.jpg

Re: No Use for a Name...

Ratter said:
Man that would be sick! I'd go with a really high tank...
That's what I'm thinkin...I want the bars lower than the tank and headlight. The more I look at it, I think I'll do the bottom frame with the top fork setup. I might get started on it tonight

Peatbog said:
They're all cool, but I like B the best. I like the way the headlight is tucked back in on A and B, plus I like the shape of the tank better on B.

But really, any of those look good.
I'm between B and C...I changed the tank on c to the same as B. Leanin' heavily toward C right now. Here are some color schemes I've been playing with. Leaning toward C on it too I think.
SRM-New-Bike-2.jpg

With your changes, the attitude of the C is a little more aggressive than B, which has that 'laid back' fork rake. I think C might handle better as a bicycle and B as a motorcycle at speed. C just seems to be a little more 'in your face', and although it doesnt have quite the flow to my eye, I still like it for some reason.........

gcrank1 said:
With your changes, the attitude of the C is a little more aggressive than B, which has that 'laid back' fork rake. I think C might handle better as a bicycle and B as a motorcycle at speed. C just seems to be a little more 'in your face', and although it doesnt have quite the flow to my eye, I still like it for some reason.........

Agreed-C has been my fav all along...not sure why either. I think A has the best lines, but something about C just works for me. Heres what it'll be from the top

SRM-New-Bike-3.jpg

Hey man, I'm lovin' these designs! I like the way you're goin' with these things, right off the bat of those first lineups I was gonna suggest B with C's front end. I was wondering if you don't mind a little artistic input along with everyone elses help, cause I saw this and it instantly made me think of this.
(was gonna do some good editing but my compies actin funny so MS pain to the rescue! :?)

So I see these type builds and I Like em, but (not trying to offend :oops:) in my own opinion they kinda look like plows and I think they're a little over done, like I said I like 'em, but that's just kinda my 2 cents issue that keeps poppin' up on my shoulder whenever I see 'em. That being said Ive always seen a potential sweet and unique frame shape in them. Ive always wanted to see a 'fancypants' bar on the inner frame to kill deadspace and have the bottom end lifted up so it has a bobber or a hotrody 'High-boy' look to it. (MS paint was being... well MS paint, so I wasnt able to get the best shape out of it, maybe rework it a bit if you like it, but you get the idea :roll:)

Jgoodwillbobber.jpg

I guess if I tried hard enough I could maybe cut and chop a couple of frames and maybe get something kinda like this, but I don't have the resources or ability to do a frame like this anywhere near as good as you probably could.

Just thought I'd throw in some brain food for the effort. Keep up the sick work man!
-Hans

Thx guys for the feedback! SectionEightLife- your edits look good man, but I really like low frame. We're talking about doin air ride so it would lay frame w no kickstand. 8) Sensor- the show starts soon and the pit gets nasty from time to time lol. UnDerzon3- i agree, but my bobber is brown w teal wheels (as well as the trike), so I think I'm gonna stick to the plan. I'm gonna try to do the tank in wood, or at least airbrush it to look like wood.

Looks like we're doing a buildoff...5 victims I mean contestants so far lol. A couple of my guys here at the shop as well as a couple of other buddies are joining in. This is gonna get stupid 8) The smak-talkin' has already started

SRM Biker Buildoff: American Bicycle is here :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=49761

I must say any combo of A,B,C will be a sick ride!!! Are you guys doin the buildoff as a thread here on RRB or just between friends?It would be cool to see six of these built at once! 8) :mrgreen:

Anybody is welcome to join in! I posted it in the challenges section. I don't think any of my other buddies are on rrb yet, but I'm sure they will be soon. So far, the smack talk is a on Facebook, and I might do a page just for the buildoff. It's gonna be a lot of fun-everybody is doin completely different stuff, so it'll be interesting...some real talented guys involved, so I'm anxious to see the outcome. I might just have my .... handed to me on this one :mrgreen:

Back