No Idea What This Is

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I got this frame from a friend of mine just to get the forks off it (Schwinn Sidewinder)..
Only thing about this frame is that it comes apart from the downtube.. It unbolts to split it apart..

looks like it may be a Raleigh folder or dahon folder I think their called check with kingfish254 he built one of these and this frame resembles what he started with but again I could and probably am wrong it looks like potential to be a good build though
similar to this but an older version of it

I have a Royse Union Folding bike with the same crankset. Looks like a different frame though.

a8f961fd0186b02b361d12610d8e3a6a.jpg

Still a good bike. Maybe there's a name under the repaint on the bar or headtube.

Lovin' the looptail. I trashpicked a Peugeot with a brakeaway frame like that. It had a 36h F&S Torpedo Duomatic kickback hub on it....:grin:

Thanks guys for all the help on IDing this frame and I was thinking doing a build on it but planning on doing something other than origenal.. I guess thats why we joined the site to build RRB.. Haha

Found it!
It looks like this Royal Sport, a German made bike.

e5jjfm.jpg
Thanks "Wildcat"..
Rite on the money.!!! I don't have the origenal front forks or seatpost and that long stem but I guess I can manage to make something work in there place..
Awesome.!! Thanks again..

Wait, you're using those forks on a Sidewinder?!?!!?!
Hahaha.. No..I got the frame cuz it had some Schwinn Sidewinder forks on it.. I took the forks off to put them on a Sidewinder frame that I have and plan to do a future build on it..
Looked like you almost had a heart attack.!!!:13:

Not really a heart attack, but more like a nervous breakdown followed by a bout of severe depression. To be honest, i'm feeling relieved that you're not running a "Royal Sport" fork on a Sidewinder, but i'm a bit weirded out that someone was running a Sidewinder fork on a Royal Sport folder.....

I guess i'm just sensitive about this stuff.. :crazy:

Not really a heart attack, but more like a nervous breakdown followed by a bout of severe depression. To be honest, i'm feeling relieved that you're not running a "Royal Sport" fork on a Sidewinder, but i'm a bit weirded out that someone was running a Sidewinder fork on a Royal Sport folder.....

I guess i'm just sensitive about this stuff.. :crazy:
Hahaha.. I know what you mean.. I've seen some stuff that make me squirm and think to myself "WHYYYYY".!!! But then again sometimes I'm not suprised that people do for whatever reason..

Latest posts

Back