No brand strand -- Updated pics!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
(Scroll down for new pics)

Earlier this year I was fortunate enough to get a mystery three bar loop tail frame from a fellow RRB member. (Thanks again @the dude). It looked like a S&S Newport, or even a tbs islander. But no one knows for sure. Being so, I decided unbranded, and/or repop style parts would suit my build.. and budget. I've posted it before, but figured this newish section is appropriate.

IMG_0262.JPG

Last edited:
Freaking awesome bike. who makes that seat post? I want a red one
Thanks man! The post is no name. I knew I wanted a fluted post, and this bike taking a 25.4 limited me. Got it on Ebay. I've actually swapped it for a straight one since and put this one on my OM-Flyer. They had red when I got it.. I'll look and shoot ya a link.

Switched some stuff up on this bike since the pic above. Figured I'd share its current build --

image5 (3).JPG

image3 (4).JPG

image1 (12).JPG

Also, never gave a break down --
unknown frame out of The Emory factory in Florida, SE landing gear forks, neco sealed headset, no name stem, VDC cruiser bars, A'me grips, no name seatpost, Brook B72 saddle, Sugino 178 cranks and spider, no name chainring and bolts, VP pedals, Alienation PBR wheels with Shimano coaster, Resist Nomad 26 x 2.25 tires

And for fun, here was the frame the day I got it --

image2 (7).JPG

That's one sharp bike...which makes me happy, because I've got two of those frames as well :).

Jason
Ah man! I've been wishin I bought 2 for a year now! Well, I did buy 2, but one was for a friend. We did a lil build off, which in part is why my initial build was so... loud. Can't wait to see yours man! have you started on the knock down of the rust yet? I know a few folks on here, and at least 2 on bmxmuseum got em. Maybe start a serial registry?

I haven't done anything with them yet...except, store them in the house, which didn't score me any points with the wife :bigsmile:. As I told 'the dude' in our emails...I can't afford one, so I'll have to take two to make them affordable :confused:.

Jason

PS - I like the 'no brand strand' moniker, I think I'll use that terminology as well :happy:. Think we can convince the PtBs over at BMXmuseum that that is the actual brand name?

I haven't done anything with them yet...except, store them in the house, which didn't score me any points with the wife :bigsmile:. As I told 'the dude' in our emails...I can't afford one, so I'll have to take two to make them affordable :confused:.

Jason

PS - I like the 'no brand strand' moniker, I think I'll use that terminology as well :happy:. Think we can convince the PtBs over at BMXmuseum that that is the actual brand name?

Looks over at misc. wheels, tires, and bike in house...glances at future the soon to be Mrs...

"what frame is that?"
"oh, its a NBS."
"you mean TBS?"
"no..."
:giggle:

Don't know if you've spec'd yours put yet, but for what its worth-- Head tube = 30.2, seat post = 25.4, rear spacing = 115 (mm) kinda odd for its style. The rear spacing is cool tho, encourages a three speed...

Yep...got it all written down. I was going to try and go 29er with one, as it looked in pictures that the chainstays could squeeze it. But, after getting it...I don't think so. But, I am planning on making 27.5" work on one!

Cool frames...I just wish we could hear something about the possible chromoly frames...
Jason

I haven't done anything with mine but scuff it, paint it, and hang a fork on it. And I pretty much begged thedude to offer them up if any were available.

Latest posts

Back