Nishiki banana seat 3 speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
23032682_807301256108895_8557721184848494105_n.jpg

I just got this cool bike! I know Nishiki are known for there street bikes but not for a muscle bike. I can't find any other pictures of it.

Don't see those very often , had one when I was a kid , my older brother sold my 22 rifle for me so I could get a new bike , and that's what I ended up with , same color also , I found a green one once but have been keeping my eyes out for a yellow .
Wasn't really made for jumping unfortunately
So it didn't last long the frame broke right up behind the head tube.

P.s. sent you a private message.
Rafael

Last edited:
Nishiki was just a brand name for imported bikes distributed by West Coast Cycle in the US. Most of the early bikes were made by Kawamura, and later bikes were made by Giant-- but other firms provided bikes for WCC as well. If yours has a ¨Made in Japan¨ sticker on it and the first letter in the serial is a ¨K,¨ it was made by Kawamura.... which was an outstanding Japanese bike manufacturer that has little to no name recognition in the USA b/c of the Nishiki distribution deal.

Regardless, that´s an awesome bike. :grin:

Thanks for the info! I couldnt find anything on it. All I knew was that it was made in Japan and probably from the early 70s. lol

Latest posts

Back