nichoflamebike1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
8oms.jpg
This is my flame bike that I built.
As over the past few years I have seen the Great bikes every one builds and was inspired by
all those neat looking rides.

It is a 60's schwinn boys 24" bike with a tank light I have never seen
I got this bike out a garage find, so I'm not exact on the year.
I had a great deal of trouble finding parts till I found a bike salvage yard in Lonsdale, MN.
(Dave's Bike salvage Lonsdale MN.)
thanks to Daves bikes i was able to come up with a interesting combination of parts
He got me the most awsome handle bars, the black rims and baskets.
I used a 26" front fork allowing for a big squishy tire
and the recurve/recumbant seat provides comfort and a bit of floating suspension to the front end.
I got a nice set of baskets that I mounted a set of 60's ford tail lights to them.
I had to swap the bulbs to led's to save battery life.
the bike itself is wrapped in a forest green suede leather and a flame fabric.
the hard decisions were made easier by lack of parts
so even though I had to recently buy some new petals,tubes and tires, mirrors and chain.
the rest is all used parts.
Over all the build went well.
There was a odd squeak that plagued me threw the first three rides but,
(now I have that fixed with the new petals) It is a real nice ride.
I modeled this bike after a leather bike I built back in 1998
I think that it is ultimately the better ride.

My hope is to get my bikes seen on the bike build#9
Nicho

Last edited:
Dude !!!,honestly you need to learn to post pics and have one thread...This must be the 5th thread in B0#9 :39::43::crazy2:
I think he needs help. Anyone?:)

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing here. there is very little in the way of clear instructions

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing here. there is very little in the way of clear instructions
:21: crack up!!!!:39: Don't worry you will get the hang of it...Just stay on this thread... See if you can delete the others(copy and paste into this one first)...Get a account with photobucket(free) that way you can load up the pics...But if you pay $20 and be a pro member it is much easier to upload yr pics straight to the site....
Click here-------- for step by step instructions..
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-post-photos.80241/

:thumbsup:

Photo bucket is cake. Upload the files to them. Once you see them on photobucket left click on the direct link (it will state address copied) and use the image button (little photo looking button) above on the post section and it will ask for the link, paste in the box and you should be good. Use the "more options" on the bottom of the post reply area and check your post before submitting. Easy - hopefully. It took me a couple tries to get it but once you do you will kick yourself for not getting it earlier. Just check your post before submitting. It should show the image before you submit.

Not quite. Here is how to do the images…

When you post, you will see along the top of the place where you write, a series of icons. One of them will say "Image" when you hover your mouse over it. It is between the smiley face and the film strips.

Click on that and insert the URL that you copied from imageshack. The result should be...

7hgd6.jpg

Hope that helps,

Glen.

7hgd6.jpg

this is the original mockup of parts that i picked out
jr86.jpg

the tank has a nice light that comes off the front cleanup is insane
there is so much rust

y7fe.jpg

I am a huge fan of the exercise bike seats,
but the silver is not working I'm thinking of going with leather
posp9.jpg

7hls.jpg

I chose a forest green suede leather for the frame
trpy3.jpg

and found this nice blask and flame fabric for the accents and fenders

u1ku.jpg
here it is all up on wheels just need the seat done

And these are the final pics on my first ride
ndunl.jpg
nnrk.jpg

I hope I finally got it right.. to be honest it was easier to build the bike than it was for me to post the pics!

I
Not quite. Here is how to do the images…

Thank your for your help. i think i got it right now deleted all the other threads
i am looking at a trike for the next build but i was wondering if you know how to create an album?

Thank your for your help. i think i got it right now deleted all the other threads
i am looking at a trike for the next build but i was wondering if you know how to create an album?

Hi nicho,

To have an album you need to have a pro membership which is $20 a year. It explains it here...

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/★-pro-membership-info-★.79802/

Also, when quoting someones post, you will see at the end of the persons words this... [/quote]

If you write your words beneath that, your text will not appear inside the quoted text box like what happened above and be easier to read.

Glen.

Bravo, Now your getting it...Don't worry it took me awhile and then they changed RRB site.o_O. Now I am getting use to it...:39:
Everyone will help you here just ask...

Bike looks fab:113:
Don't forget to post a great pic when it is finished before the 4th August...

Good job. You getting it now! I'm in the same boat as you, it's much easier for me to spin wrenches than use computers.
I'm interested in knowing how you got the fabric/suede to stick to the metal bits. Details please.

Latest posts

Back