1. Members are only allowed to have 3 active For Sale section posts at one time. Please combine items within those three posts. If we see more than three posts by a member at a given time we will merge the posts into one. Thanks for your cooperation!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I wanted to give everybody a heads up on a change that I'm going to make for folks who want to use the For Sale section of the forum.

The forum has been running strong for almost 11 years now and I (along with our awesome moderators) have tried to keep things running smooth and trouble free during that time. I'm thankful for everyone who has helped make this a great community to participate in.

As you can imagine, there are some expenses that are involved in maintaining a site like this and I've tried my best to keep from passing that expense onto the user over the years. The forum will always be a free resource for people to communicate, learn and share.

In order to offset some of the expenses that the site creates, I'm going to be changing the Gold Membership upgrade on the forum. Starting on April 1, 2017 the current "Gold Member" upgrade will be renamed "Pro Member" and this $20 annual upgrade will be required for posting items in the For Sale section. All members and visitors will still be able to view the For Sale section for free, but a Pro Membership upgrade of $20/year will be required for listing items in that section for sale. Current Gold Members will be converted to Pro Members and will have access to listing items for sale until their current upgrade expires.

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?account/upgrades

Thank you for your understanding and I will give further updates as the upgrade date approaches.

Steve

(click on the "X" in the top right corner of this notice to close it)
    Dismiss Notice

Nexus Sprocket 23T WTB part# HUH063

Discussion in 'WANTED' started by abe lugo, Mar 20, 2012.

1. abe lugo

abe lugo

Anyone have one?

2. Rooski

Rooski

These have gotten harder to find. I just managed to get one off Ebay from some guy in the UK. It was his last one. If it helps, the Shimano part number is Y33060200, or Y-330 60200.

3. ind-chuckz

ind-chuckz

I have 22 tooth you can have.

4. abe lugo

abe lugo

I really need a 23, kind of odd but thanks Chuck. I actually have a 22 in it right now.

5. ind-chuckz

ind-chuckz

I didn't know shimano made a 23 tooth.

6. abe lugo

abe lugo

yup they did, you need it to get the correct gear with a bigboy up front.
    The poster above was right the UK guy had 3, sheldon browns site lists them with a part number.
    still looking

7. mrfritz

mrfritz

You saw on the Sheldon Brown site how you can modify shimano cassete cogs by filing off 3 of the tabs? I'm dropping to 38t on the chain ring for my 7 speed because I rarely use above 4th with the 22t on my dyno roadster. I could do the same thing by using a 25t cog. I'm dropping from 55 gear inches in 1:1 to 45 (roughly). 23t doesn't seem like it would be enough.

The other thing to keep in mind is the cogs on the nexus hubs, SA hubs and coaster brakes seem to be swappable.

Sheldon sells the 23t SA for $14 http://sheldonbrown.com/harris/sturmey-archer-parts.html#sprockets

8. abe lugo

abe lugo