Newish to the bike world in MI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello my name is Jason.. 22 years of age, residing near Ann Arbor, MI. like I said, I'm newish to this hobby. About 5 months in and there are already about 14 bikes in my garage. I've been on the Cabe and just discovered that this forum isn't all about rat rods as I'm more of an original kind of guy. I've always been into anything old and also like to hoard hobbies so this is my newest and shiniest hobby.

I generally don't discriminate against what bikes I buy and probably should filter a little bit more but I have everything from prewar balloons to an Apple Krate.

I'm currently tracking down parts for my '41 Rollfast Princeton long tank. I need a Princeton headbadge and truss rods if anybody has got these, let me know :D

Sure can do :wink:
Here's that '41 DP Harris Princeton
DSCF3100.jpg

Sears Spaceliner
DSCF3168.jpg

Rough '69 Apple Krate
DSCF3173.jpg

Prewar Schwinn New World
DSCF3127.jpg

Postwar JC Higgins
DSCF3212.jpg

1945/46 CWC Roadmaster
DSCF3231.jpg

'54 Evans Colson Commander
DSCF3059.jpg

'35 Monark Silver King
DSCF3075.jpg

That's some of them. Nothing too extraordinary yet but my time will come :D

Jpromo said:
That's some of them. Nothing too extraordinary yet but my time will come :D
Jason! Any one of those would make a cool project! (The Roadmaster looks like it could use a pair of forks). Thanks for sharing the pics.
Which one(s) do you ride?

The nice thing about having a garage full of old bikes where most of them are rideable is that you can just jump on any one. Which is what I usually do when I want to take a spin down the road :D I probably ride the New World the most because it's so unbelievably smooth and the gearing in the 2 speed New Departure would make anyone smile. I also ride the Spaceliner a good amount and the JC Higgins when I feel like floating around in a tank. I just got the Krate going with a replaced derailleur and that's a lot of fun and not as cramped as I would have expected. The Rollfast is awaiting me to transfer some tires which I'll do if my overpriced correct fenders ever arrive...

Yeah the fork on the CWC is probably too far gone to risk bending back. I just got that and it was basically thrown in with another bike I purchased and I ended up liking it more than the one I went there for. Neat history behind it too.

On top of some other bikes hanging upside down in the garage currently, I have some frames, a mint old Schwinn Pixie, a pedal tractor I'm restoring and it's all good and fun.

Latest posts

Back