Newer Schwinns! Post em here!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't get enough of this site and all the cool bikes here! just a pic of my corvette.

Post your newer schwinn here...Id love to see em! I'll Start!

photomed2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Re: 2010 Schwinn.

The Corvette definitely has some 'instant classic' lines to it.
Not to offend the Schwinn 'purist' but it reminds me of some of old Elgin designs with it's minimal framing (lack of canti bars) and some Monark traits decorative head tube covers (the built in cup holder). I wasn't too keen on the 'cup holder in the frame' thing at first, but seeing it in black...hmmmmm...I'm liking it more.

I couldn't tell from the photo, are the forks round or blade profile? If someone was to throw a set of truss rods, an old long spring saddle and some 'aged' whitewalls, it could be 50 years old.

Bottom line, I'll take one.
Cheers!
Dr. T

Re: 2010 Schwinn.

Here are two 2008 Schwinns that I have. I have added/changed several things on each. The Cruiser 3: chain guard (original was gold), head light, Phantom carrier/tail light, saddle bag, grips, Phantom tank, handlebars, gold wall tires (came with white walls), dice valve caps.
SS Sport: King Sting rear carrier, head light, handlebars, grips, seat bag, etc

SSSportwithrearracklightbag.jpg

Cruiser3withgoldwalls.jpg

Sweet man! Im wanting to add a rear carrier on mine too..looking good 8)

This is was I am doing with a current Schwinn. I was shooting for some vinatge mods a kids might have done forty years ago.
Schwinn001.jpg

Teardrop headlight
Torpedo tailight
Crash bar seat
Tan "leather" grips" rear hub shiner
So-Cal Speedshop rear tag
Round vintage style mirror
Since the picture I've added some red dice valve caps.

Someday I may add a chrome springer fork.
Schwinn009.jpg

Schwinn004.jpg

Here's my cruiser.
Picked it up on CL last summer. I haven't regreased or even cleaned it up yet.
And it still rides great. It has to be the most comfortable bicycle I own.
Sorry for the night pics.
cruiser2.jpg

cruiser.jpg

My Schwinn Vestige, finally got it yesterday (only one in UK/Europe). Love it

024.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

Cheers, I love it too. I am really into my cruisers but I was researching road bikes as I am going to start cycling to work and came across this bike totally by accident. I was initially sad to find out they dont sell this model in UK/Europe but luckily the UK distributor had it as a demo model, so they sold it to me (in my exact size). Its supposed to be an eco bike, so made from flax, resin, bamboo, carbon fiber, recycled rubber etc.

Mainly its about the look for me and the rarity and I have always liked Schwinn bikes, plus the frame lights up when the bike starts moving, the front hub has a generator that powers LED lights inside the frame.

There is not a shop in my area (that i know of, portland OR) selling the signiture models so I wasn't too sure how they looked. Here are some real good close ups I found. Click through to my pic host and then click again on them for some really HUGE photos. :!: :!:

Latest posts

Back