Newbie from Northern Alabama

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone, I live in Northern Alabama and have recently got into messing around with bikes. My wife and I moved closer to downtown Huntsville and after a year of riding an old Mongoose mtb I have had since middle school (I think it is from around 2001 or 02) and a free department store bike for my wife that is rusty and generally in bad shape, I decided that it was time for something cooler. I am currently repainting and rebuilding my wife's bike and old Raliegh road bike into a single speed for me. But I am currently hunting for a bike to build into a klunker for me and at some point a couple cool bikes to build into cruisers for my wife and I. I have never really messed with bikes so it is a bit of new experience for me but I work on cars and watches quite a bit so I figure I can figure it out

Last edited:
Welcome! IMO, the most difficult thing in working on bikes is the weirdness and incompatibility of parts that seem like they should work together (tires and wheels in particular).

Latest posts

Back