newbe from uk

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all
bin in to bikes for a long time , but loving the idea of trying to build my own and a friend pointed to this site !! im shocked at most of the builds you guys got going on .. id say most are sweeter than a sweet thing in a sweet race coming first :lol: id put pics up of something i was trying to do but dont want you all just laughing at me just yet ..
iv not had a good look round the site yet , but trying to look for a drive train with no chain ? is it possible ? has it bin done ? not sure where id ask this .....
anyway great site and great looking rides people 8)

ric

Welcome Rick
from oop north in UK :)
There's one or two shaft drive machines on here

Hi Ric,
Don't be shy; show us what you've done. They are all a bunch of good guys on here.
You should see the heap that I posted (my avatar) and nobody threw eggs at me :)
Everyone seems to appreciate the effort as much as the the result.
And anyway, you should first off build to please yourself. And thats the most important bit.
(well that's what I console myself with when I see all the cool stuff on here :wink: )

Best wishes, Kevin
Surrey

Hey Largek9,
You sure are right about th scarcity of old bikes in the UK.
I am not sure if it is all the rain rusting everything away; but I usually blame the war effort where any old metal was scrapped 'to make spitfires'.
Then again we are a very little island not so much space to store junk :lol:

Kev

Hi all, just sending this link to every post mentioning "Hertfordshire" I've started a vintage cycle club based in Stevenage and would love to see other members and their cruisers (and others of course) the link is: http://www.facebook.com/groups/388507374531341/

Latest posts

Back