New Walmart Fat Tire Bike coming in a couple weeks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping it was a Cruiser type frame :headbang:

~RafaeL~

Check out the 20" model that is supposed to be in the $250 price range.
IMG_2411_zpse1d3e3a5.jpg

Funny...just posted that photo on the previous page. :)

Depending on the size...I can totally see the 20" version being more popular with this crowd.

Just imagine a set of black ape hangers, a tall laid back seat post or banana seat.

Also, I would guess that the 20" version might be less cumbersome and easy to goof around on.

Will be interesting to see what the tires look like.

That's funny that we posted the same photo. I must have been reading the MTBR thread as you posted yours.

We need to talk Jerald into making 20x4 and 26x4 Sulky Slicks!!!

A squared off FAT slick would be sooooo cool
WP_002874_zpsa3df18a8.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the tires on the 20" version are almost slicks?

Luke.

Yes the look like rounded slicks with a few wiggly grooves in them.

I think someone from Mongoose must have seen Yoot's Sand Rover.
null-3.jpg

I wonder if there is enough tire clearance on the 20" to throw some Harley tires on the rims?

That frame looks like it would lend itself well to a flipped gender bender build if you used some Beast forks on it.

Last edited:
The question will be whether the frames are steel again or aluminum this time. Aluminum would mess up the frame customizing fun, but the weight reduction would be a big plus.

I would be shocked if they are aluminum. I'm still surprised they are only going to be $300 for the 26". Seems like gears and brakes would add more than $100.

Latest posts

Back