<New W@ve> another build for the books...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <New W@ve> Awesome Coast Pic FAIL!!

Yeah I used to have one of those 3 in one cameras too. If you could tell what it was I took a picture of you'd be doing good. :roll:

I think you're right!
He's Klunking for Beef Jerky!
paterson-gimlin-footage-300x300.jpg

On a serious note, I needed to stop, I put on a front brake before I went to the coast, by the way the bike rode great, even my wife rode it, then didn't want to give it back. Lee Chi brake levers, Dia Compe front from 81 and the rears I pieced together , I thought the skateboard wheel bearings would give it a nice touch.

The Kool Stop Vans matched the frame

I still need a brake cable to finish, and some final adjustments will be many, but I think it will work.

This will be the next project

WHAT?????
This might help for parts

Gotta build something to carry Mr Hawk

This is where I came up with my paint scheme, old Motobuilt trucks I have owned since 87, the wheels I have owned longer :roll:

Re: <New W@ve> Gots me Stoppers 7/15

kim_dude said:
Love the PP board. What trucks are those?
Those are Motobuilt, made from the same company that made motorized skateboards late seventies,early eighties. I bought them off a team rider at a contest in Oceanside.

I am real close to being done, brakes adjusted,installed the mock up for the rack... it just didn't look right, so I will probably go with something more conventional, I still can't download pics,I will probably get a convertor to read a memory card in the other drive (whatever its called) my son knows what it is,hopefully soon....

this thing looks great! love the gold anodized brakes!!!!

Troy

Re: <New W@ve> Teaser pic 7/25

Great build, love the paint. I can't decide if it reminds me more of the J. Giles, freeze frame video or those bright baggy pants people wore in the 80s.

milbums said:
Great build, love the paint. I can't decide if it reminds me more of the J. Giles, freeze frame video or those bright baggy pants people wore in the 80s.
Are you going to the Behind Bars Show ? I was going to go till my direct deposit got screwed up, no funds till Monday :x

Gold Street Customs said:
milbums said:
Are you going to the Behind Bars Show ? I was going to go till my direct deposit got screwed up, no funds till Monday :x
I will be there, I'm glad that they added a swap meet this year in addition to the show.

Here's my rack fail, I decided hideous was not on the menu, so I had to ax this.

I had too much fun with the duct tape, ya know the stuff the kids call duck tape :roll:

So here's the pre finish photo's, and my slipping seat fix. I have since added a badge and mounted the rear brake a little different.

Gotta admit parking is getting difficult.

Latest posts

Back