<New W@ve> another build for the books...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: <New W@ve> GOT PAINT!! 6/15

Got a little bit done Sat, I cleaned up the wheels and painted the quick release and the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ since this is family friendly , spoke barrel nuts pink :lol: had a defective tube so I have to wait to put the front tire on till I make a store run..

Re: <New W@ve> "little pink _ _ _ _ _ _ _"6/24

FINALLY found some time to work on it today, I took the bars off one of my old builds (70's motorcycle bars) the chrome is not so great , may have to paint them,redid a faded predator stem I had laying around, I polished the top on the buffing wheel, everything else is a little rattle can anodize,hope you enjoy!!!

Re: <New W@ve> ROLLER....almost....6/29

Nice twist on the paint scheme!

111' and thunder showers last night :shock: ,today I get to take my daughter and mother in law to Sacramento Airport, family emergency, My wife's Grandma is not doing good,and last night my son woke up to a prowler at 4 in the morning and told him to get the heck outa here !!!!!, so hopefully get back to building soon!!!

Made a little progress,started with this old Sugino bmx crank and sprocket...

Polished it up a bit

A little bit more tint paint and she done, I ended up changing the crank as the Sugino rubbed on the frame.

This is what I am thinking on the brake.

Re: <New W@ve> Crank It Up !!!7/6

I like how well the blue chainring turned out.
That's a pretty cool brake brace and location.
Good luck!

Re: <New W@ve> Crank It Up !!!7/6

More progress, I like it. more pedals from the scrap pile...
Before

After

Went with a classic Persons seat from the boneyard (still need to clean it up and a possible shim to tighten it up a bit)

Now for the test run, I wore my Sunday best :roll:

Re: <New W@ve> No shoes,No shirt, No problem

I like those peddles, I have the same ones on my Diamondback mountain bike. they have excellent grip too.

So far I have about $160 into this build including the frame, if I can keep it at that, I'm doing good,the pedals have been in my pedal box for at least two years, the sprocket came off an old Mongoose Motomag frame, the wheels came off an old 80's Mt bike, the tires came were take offs from the bike shop when I worked there, the stem from my stem box, the bars came from a buddy's scrap pile. The parts I purchased include the frame, tubes,rim strips,chain, brake pads,brake plate,seat post,paint.
I will get at least a front brake before next weekend as I am going camping on the coast hopefully get some great pics :wink:

I will be camping in Westport ,north of Fort Bragg (Mendocino Coast) I put a front brake on New Wave and its going too along with my better half and my 81 Schwinn cruiser five, I should just call it my wife's she rides it most the time. Basicly I will give it a little break in before I finish it, I promise to get some beachin pics :wink:

I like this brake set-up, what is it?
010_zpsac3a07f3.jpg

Just got back from the coast,70 degrees , sunny, otherwise perfect, Me and Sarina got a nice ride in above Fort Bragg, awesome trail about five miles along the shoreline,had a killer campsite in Westport Wages Creek campground. The bad ... Forgot my camera :shock: so I stopped and bought a cheap digital 3 in 1 with a viewfinder, took some awesome pictures with the bike on the beach, along the trail, Fort Bragg , vintage train backdrops , Redwoods ect, The really bad, dropped the camera and the batteries popped out and that means I lost all my photos :x And then the really really bad, I took some more pics in the Redwoods on the way home and put them up on the PC, they came out like crap.

Latest posts

Back