New to Charleston, new to the forum.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm Wayne. I have been popping in on the site over the years, buying parts or just looking at all the great bikes. I grew up riding the late 70's bikes and then got pretty big into BMX. I was a bicycle mechanic during my college years. Spend a few years at a local shop on Long Island, NY it was called Bike-A-Lot, doing everything from new builds to full resto on bikes that were under water! A few years back I restored my 82 PK Ripper looptail and also surprised my brother by restoring his Skyway TA. Then I started building custom bikes for some friends and my kids. One son wanted a Diamond Back, the other wanted a "pug bike" literally inspired by the dog! Since then I got the bug and started doing it as a hobby. I just entered my first Bike Build Off and am pretty stoked to join in the fun. I have a Murray Firecat Chopper in my shed that I want to make a fat tire Firecat. My sons (all 3) want in on my next build so I'm looking forward to teaching them how to turn a wrench! I'm going to get up some picts of my older builds. Nice to met y'all!

Keep those bikes locked! Enjoy sunny humid Charleston, avoid Chucktown...

Hi, I'm Wayne. I have been popping in on the site over the years, buying parts or just looking at all the great bikes. I grew up riding the late 70's bikes and then got pretty big into BMX. I was a bicycle mechanic during my college years. Spend a few years at a local shop on Long Island, NY it was called Bike-A-Lot, doing everything from new builds to full resto on bikes that were under water! A few years back I restored my 82 PK Ripper looptail and also surprised my brother by restoring his Skyway TA. Then I started building custom bikes for some friends and my kids. One son wanted a Diamond Back, the other wanted a "pug bike" literally inspired by the dog! Since then I got the bug and started doing it as a hobby. I just entered my first Bike Build Off and am pretty stoked to join in the fun. I have a Murray Firecat Chopper in my shed that I want to make a fat tire Firecat. My sons (all 3) want in on my next build so I'm looking forward to teaching them how to turn a wrench! I'm going to get up some picts of my older builds. Nice to met y'all!
Awesome, I live in Charleston as well!! And I surely could use some help finishing my current build. If you have any interest or just chat, check out what I'm doing in the "Build" forum. It's a vintage DeSoto trike that I'm making into a lowrider.

Awesome, I live in Charleston as well!! And I surely could use some help finishing my current build. If you have any interest or just chat, check out what I'm doing in the "Build" forum. It's a vintage DeSoto trike that I'm making into a lowrider.

Oh cool! I will check out your build! Im in mt pleasant area are u in the city?

Latest posts

Back