NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eleven11 said:
I just seen the Onyx at my Walmart. They had at least 4 in stock. Luckily I was able to pull one out and sit on it. I WANT ONE! It looks like the stickers on the wheels come off, but not on the frame.
The wheels are the best part :lol: The Frame needs work...

FOUND OBJECTS said:
eleven11 said:
I just seen the Onyx at my Walmart. They had at least 4 in stock. Luckily I was able to pull one out and sit on it. I WANT ONE! It looks like the stickers on the wheels come off, but not on the frame.
The wheels are the best part :lol: The Frame needs work...

That's ok, I don't plan on leaving it alone anyway! 8)

There was a black and gray single speed coaster brake OP at Wal Mart for $69 today. I would have liked it, but I have to get rid of several other bikes first. It would have been swell for the trails.

Skipton said:
WOW! That 29er Cruiser is a deal.... A cool a set of cool fat Cruiser 29er tires would cost you $100 alone....I do think they will ship it to yer house

Cheap or free

Build Off 7 year of the 29er? :wink:

Last week I was looking online and it looked like they had the free shipping to home. Of course, they always have free shipping to store, not many of us are too far away from a Wally World. Usually when they have free home shipping they also give you a free $20 gift card for future online purchases.

Hopefully the coaster brake is heavy duty, even on my 29er MTBs a 160mm disc brake will pretty much overheat from the additional torque load on steep downhills. That coaster will surely fry if used on a 29er Klunker.

re: Cycle Force Group. I just received the mens Victory twin bar alloy 19 inch frame cruiser. They are retailing under $200.00 This is a nice riding light package as is, or a good start for a build. Available single speed cb or 7 speed.

walmart has alot more bikes on websight that are not sold in stores just google walmart and go to bikes

I have to go to Wallymart to return a Redbox (dvd) rental tomorrow...I think I'll have to check out their bikes... :mrgreen:

I didn't have my camera with me,but our local Wallymart had both "boys and girls" versions of the Huffy (the grey/bue one posted earlier,like the Panama Jack without the PJ stuff) and that Blue Schwinn,in two different colors,$89.97 and $99.97 respectively. The (soon to be ex) wife's car needs the A/C compressor replaced (obviously,it's a friendly split,since I'm helping her out there,LOL!),after that,I may buy my GF and I both one of those Schwinn's to beat around on while going into rebuilding our first rebuilds (And no,the ex didn't ride,didn't even like bikes,and yes that is one of the reasons we split :shock: :D )

Just did my intro, awesome site. Ran into a guy down here with a cruiser i've never seen. Surprised to learn it was Wal-Mart stock. Look up Genesis Onyx 29er.

All right, view the entire post! Got it. Nice bikes for sub $200 though. Most other brands base models start at $200. My lady has an Op. Tried shopping for Electras, Nirves, she just kept on ridin that white and rust bucket. I did get her a new one though. It was the same model some guy had in his garage from years ago, price tag and everything. Had a friend ride across her path, she bout flipped! Seeing her old Op next to the new one, you never would have thought that rust ever looked like chrome! She still rides her beater though. Whatever makes her happy, right? She enjoys what she rides, though, Wal-Mart rust bucket. Was ridin one of my cruisers along side her, someone says, 'Nice bike.' I looked back. 'No, not you, your ladies bike.' She always reminds me.

Here's my "OP Roller 3i" (Townie Clone)

I upgraded the tires and added a 3 speed internal rear wheel kit with shifter and a few other tweaks.

I'm especially pleased with these Kenda tires over the stock tires (much lower rolling resistance and they look identical to the ones that ship on the Townie 3i's).

The 3 speed shifter and hub is pure silk on this bike. The bike was already feather light but its sooo easy to pedal now with the 3i upgrade.

(Click the images for higher res photos)

I picked this bike up at WalMart for $79 bucks. Here are the upgrades I've added:

Internal 3 speed hub with shifter (rear wheel kit) - ($115 bucks at Amazon)

Kenda Tires ($26 bucks at Amazon)

Leather Grips ($12 bucks at Amazon)

Avenir Bigmouth Velcro Seat Bag ($12 bucks at Amazon)

Alloy seat post with goose neck* - ($14 bucks at Amazon)

* I mounted it with gooseneck forward to attach it to the front part of the seat stays. This gives me an extra 2" of seat set back to enhance the existing crank forward design (Electra Townie Style)

Latest posts

Back